To build up a library is to create a life. It’s never just a random collection of books.
–Carlos María Domínguez
Our library's mission is to develop a love of reading in all students and teach them to be ETHICAL users & producers of information.
Library Learning Objectives
1. Be able to choose appropriate books for your level and need.
2. Be able to search online effectively for books and information.
3. Be able to use call numbers to locate books.
4. Be able to use information without plagiarizing.
______________________Library and Learning Program Links______________________
- Mountain Catalog: Destiny: Search for library books and websites!
- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- Britannica Image Quest (copyright free pictures)
- Citation Creator-Easybib
- Citation creator-Bibme
- Smithsonian Education
Find a Book:
- Best books by lexile level
- ALA book reccommendations
- Book Wizard
- Good Reads
- Lexile-Find a book at YOUR level
- Mesa Public Library
- Mountain Catalog
- Tumble Books (audio books) user name: LASD password: books
- What book comes next in the series?
Library Skills: LInks for Learning:
- Can you do the Dewey? ABCYA
- Dewey Decimal-10 Categories Game Britanica Image Quest
- Dewey Practice Games made by Mrs. Nelson PBS for Kids
- Storyline Online Time Magazine for Kids
- Facts vs. Opinions Highlights for Kids
- Fun Brain LEGO
- Library shelving game National Geographic for Kids
- Seussville Sports Illustrated for Kids
Helpful Links: Mystery Science
- Reading Plus DK Find Out
- Lexia Core 5
- Lexia Strategies 6+
- Imagine Learning
- Discovery Ed
- Reading Plus
- Read Naturally
- Maps Testing (mapsnwea)
- Keyboarding Without Tears
Britannica Login Information (user name: losalamos password: access)
Without libraries what have we? We have no past and no future.