SEEKING A FULL TIME ARCHITECTURAL PROFESSIONAL
L. A. Kersh Architecture, Inc. is interested in hiring a full time person to perform work with a high level of competence in all phases of architectural services. We are a "boutique" sized architectural firm located in Eugene, Oregon and will soon be celebrating our 25th anniversary. The bulk of our projects are of an institutional nature and we maintain a wide variety of clientele including municipalities, school districts, public utilities, medical entities, private corporations, churches, colleges and universities. This workload is tempered with a mix of occasional residential work. Job types we encounter are quite varied, are generally commissioned via referrals and are often unique.
We are interested in a long term relationship with this hire. Future firm ownership opportunities are possible as the current principal phases into retirement in the next 5 years.
This position will be filled by an individual we feel can best demonstrate the abilities noted below:
- AutoCad skills must be at a high level of competency in all areas of architectural services, as groomed with significant past experience in the office of an architect.
- Mastery of Revit would also be a plus.
- We would expect the ability to write and communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of electronic media including spreadsheet, word processing, graphic design and layout programs.
- We specifically expect a high skill level with programs such as Word, Excel, and SketchUp. Familiarity with the use of computer systems in an architectural office environment is essential.
- Project management and excellent people skills must be provided by the candidate.
- We expect the ability to self motivate and work independently of direct supervision.
An Oregon architectural license (or demonstrated action and specific goals towards gaining an Oregon architectural license) is necessary to be considered for this position.
References with past firms or employers are required for use in reviewing past work experience.
LAKersh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. (Posted Nov. 8, 2018)