You have taken the first step scholastically and athletically to become part of a tradition of excellence. This website will assist you with some of the many questions that you may have regarding WHMS Wolves Athletics. Subject areas such as eligibility requirements and program rules are included in this site. Please click on the menu to see what it takes to be part of the pack.
Sports Physicals are required for participation in any intramural or interscholastic athletic program, and CANNOT be substituted with a Health Department Physical Screening for school enrollment.
All students who participate in athletics, both intramural or interscholastic must submit a completed packet before their first day of participation. This is available online, at the informational meetings for each sport, or with the Athletic Director. The packet includes the following forms: Student Athlete & Parent Contract, Notification of Risk Agreement, Liability Waiver Release, Physical Exam, Emergency Treatment Authorization, and must include a copy of current medical insurance coverage.
- Must be completed on or after June 1st before the beginning of the school year, no later than a day before the sport season begins.
- It is not the same as the school entry physical.
- Part to be completed by doctor is on page 7 and must have the stamp of the doctor's office.
- Remaining parts of the packet must be completed in its entirety by parent/guardian.
- Signatures where needed.
For more information on our program, visit the Information section of this page.
Make sure that if you have any questions, please contact your coach or Athletic Director.
Sports Physical Night
Event will be held prior to the beginning of the school year from 4:00 - 6:00PM. Parking near cafeteria/gym (car rider loop).
The office of Dr. Varmas @ the Florida Sports Injury and Orthopedic Institute will be here at WHMS to complete the sports physcial.
• Eligibility packets will be on hand and available to complete.
• Bring a valid copy of insurance card so that you can turn in to Athletics Director that night.
• This will cover you for every sport offered for the 2020-21 year.
• Cost is 10$ per person-cash only.
- All students must provide proof of current health insurance coverage in order to participate.
- If student is not covered on his/her parents policy or does not have insurance, School Insurance of Florida offers two plans. For more information and to purchase a policy online, please visit School Insurance of Florida.
Students participating in interscholastic competition must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0. Eligibility will be determined by the cumulative GPA at the end of the previous semester. 6th graders that are regularly promoted are eligible for the first semester of their first year, and then the normal eligibility rule applies.
All students are required to attend at least 50% of their academic schedule each school day in order to participate in athletics.
According to the Lake County Student Code of Conduct, a student receiving two (2) out of school suspensions shall lose privileges accorded to students in good standing with the Lake County School System. The loss of privilege may include: attendance and participation in extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
There is a zero tolerance policy regarding any and all use of controlled substances, including alcohol, drugs, and tobacco products.