Learn to code and implement coding and computer science lessons successfully in your classroom.
- No prior coding experience needed.
- Course designed for teachers by teachers
- Supported by a grant from Google CS4HS
The Krause Center for Innovation (KCI), is pleased to offer a 4-day intensive course that will:
- Prepare middle or early high school teachers to teach CS either as an elective or by integrating into other areas (example Science teachers add unit aligned to the NGSScomputational thinking practice).
- Teach content that is tool and curriculum neutral and aligned to K-12 CS framework and the CSTA standards.
- Provide PD that includes both content and pedagogy to enable teachers to reach all students in their classroom.
- Provide hands-on learning using lessons that have worked in real classrooms.
- Build a local community of practice with on-going support and strong mentoring from experienced CS teachers.
- Provide PD where teachers can receive certificate, badges and possible college credit.
WHEN AND WHERE?
Choose from one of 2 courses:
● June 19-22 : Computer Science Crash course for Educators - 4 days (from 9:00 – 3:00)
● July 17-20 : Computer Science Crash course for Educators - 4 days (from 9:00 – 3:00)
All classes will be held at:
Krause Center for Innovation, Foothill College
12345 El Monte Rd.
Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
WILL I GET PD UNITS , CERTIFICATE OR COLLEGE UNITS?
Yes! Teachers who complete the course will receive a certificate of completion of 24 hours of
PD time. KCI will also provide access to badging services to convert this to future college credit.
HOW MUCH DOES THIS COST?
KCI’s Computer Science crash course for Educators is sponsored by the Google through their CS4HS grant. Thanks to their generous support, we are pleased to offer full-scholarships to all teachers who are accepted in the program. This includes the 4 day training, all materials as well as lunch and snacks during the course. Your only cost is a one time registration fee. Educators must apply with a $75 registration fee. Sign up information will be available soon.
Please send questions to the Program Director, Sheena Vaidyanathan at email@example.com