A Brief Biography
Kezhan Salar is an Assistant lecturer at Komar University of Science and Technology (KUST) for nearly eight years. Taught different subjects including Academic English I, Academic English II, Comprehension I and II, Conversation I and II, Composition, Advanced conversation I, Exploring Fiction I and II, Exploring poetry I and II, British Literature I and II, Medieval Drama, Rise of the Novel, American literature, Short stories, College Writing I and II, Exploring Drama I and II, Film study and Effective Communication. She worked as a senior coordinator for the presidency office, a Quality Assurance, Examination Committee, and the English Department coordinator for three years.
Before joining Komar University, she worked as a librarian at the National Taipei University of Technology and an instructor in Joy Enterprise Organization in Taiwan. She worked as a trilingual interpreter (Chinese, English, and Kurdish).
Ms. Kezhan earned her B.A in Applied English Language from National Taipei University of Technology and her MA in English Literature from Harbin Institute of Technology. Now, she is a Ph.D. candidate in Sulaimanyah University.
Her primary research interests include Film studies, Media literacy, fiction, comparative literature, gender study, creative writing, critical theory, and cultural studies.
1. Teaching is an excellent opportunity to educate and serve the student at the highest level.
2. Students are the center of the education system; we all must focus on student-centered learning.
3. Instructors are instruments of learning; students are objectives of education.
4. Instructors have a power that can influence people around him/her and drive society towards stability and peacefulness.
5. Any discrimination is not acceptable.