Coffee with the Counselors
December 17 @9 am
Klein ISD Presents Mental Health Speakers (see flyer for more information)
November 18th - Substance Abuse Awareness
February 3rd - Self Esteem and Resilience
April 7th - Suicide and Self Harm Prevention
The Middle Years
Middle school can be a trying time -- for students and parents. We want to provide you with as many resources as we can. This September issue has information about being more involved, fun outing ideas for the family, study tips, and so much more!
Please find The Middle Years articles attached. We have them in English and Spanish!
Welcome to the Krimmel Intermediate School
In Klein ISD we have a shared vision that each student enters with a PROMISE and exits with a PURPOSE. In alignment with that vision, the counselors at Krimmel Intermediate want to ensure that our students fulfill that purpose and are exposed to high quality leadership and learning on a daily basis.
The Krimmel counseling staff is committed to advocating for our students and collaborating with teachers, parents, and the community in order for students to reach their highest possible academic, social, and career success. We are looking forward to a fantastic 2018-2019 school year!
Important Counseling Information
Gifted and Talented:
A variety of programming is offered to students who achieve at high levels or who have the potential to do so. Klein is proud to celebrate a long tradition of offering advanced level coursework and challenging activities to our students.
Programs include Gifted & Talented, Advanced Placement, Pre-Advanced Placement, the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, AVID, Dual Credit, and various out-of-school options. Advanced Academic Services is also proud to oversee the innovative College and Career Readiness System called Path. Please visit our link for more information or call our office.
GT Parent Referral Window is now open : September 3rd-27th
Use the link below submit a form to have your child tested for the Gifted and Talented Program in Klein ISD.
Credit by Examination:
- Credit by Examination without Prior Instruction In accordance with state law: The District offers opportunities for students to accelerate grades or pass certain courses through credit by examination. Students who are interested in examinations for acceleration should indicate this interest to their building counselor or administrator. Written parental approval for eligible students will be secured. More information about applicable tests, scores required, and procedures can be found in Board Policy EHDC (Legal) and (Local) available on the District website or from a building counselor or administrator. https://klein.ss12.sharpschool.com/cms/One.aspx?portalId=568125&pageId=2757296
- Free and reduced meals: http://www.kleinisd.net/cms/one.aspx?pageId=1974168
- For information and FAQ's regarding the flood and disaster clean-up:
- For additional assistance and resources see our Resources tab
To be promoted in grades 6 and 7, a student must attain an average of at least 70 in all core academic areas: language arts, (including reading improvement if required), mathematics (including math improvement if required), science and social studies. In addition, a student must have an overall average of 70 or above in all courses taken.
In addition to the academic requirements stated above, all 8th graders must also pass their STAAR Reading and Math tests to be promoted to grade 9. This new initiative is called the Texas Student Success Initiative (SSI).
Klein ISD offers services to homeless students and their families according the McKinney-Vento Homeless Act to address students' education needs and ensure their academic success.
For homeless services, please contact
Klein ISD Office of State & Federal Programs
16710 Kleinwood Dr., Klein, TX 77379 832-249-4006
- Students earning a grade less than a 70 for any 9 week grading period in ELA, Math, Science or Social Studies are provided the opportunity to participate in Grade Repair
- Using the online grade repair program, Edgenuity, students work at their own pace through content modules that include video lessons, written responses, quizzes, tests and a comprehensive exam.
- Grade Repair is offered as an after school opportunity and is facilitated by certified teachers, who assist students and monitor progress towards successful completion
- Upon successful completion of the Edgenuity content module, students earn a grade change to repair the failing grade for the grading period.
- Please contact your student's grade level counselor for more information.
Meet the Counselors:
(See grade level pages for more information)