Updated Aug 21, 2019
- Sept 2: HOLIDAY (Labor Day)
- Sep 12: Progress Reports mailed out
- Sep 13: First deadline for C/O 2020's PTP's! Click here for directions for submitting (emailed to Seniors on 8/12).
- Sep 17: Senior College Parent Night, 6-8pm, H201; Please contact our College and Career Counselors for any questions Tracy Manlansing <Tracy.Manlansing@k12.hi.us> or Jamie Gomer <Jamie.Kovacic@k12.hi.us>
- Sep 26: C/O 2020 Cap & Gown Ordering during advisory
- Sep 26-27: Underclassmen Yearbook Photos; taken through Social Studies classes
- Oct 7-11: NO SCHOOL (Fall Intersession)
- Oct 15: Kekaulike Blood Drive; open to public http://bit.ly/kkhsblooddrive
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
- MEAL COUNT ASSISTANT: Kekaulike is looking for a Meal Count Assistant! Major duties include assisting with collection of meal payments and scanning ID cards during meal times. If you are interested, please call the school (808) 727-3500.
- A & B SPORTS SPOTLIGHT: (8/22-8/30) Congratulations to Senior, Isaac Akinaka for being recognized as A & B’s Sports Spotlight. This student-athlete participates in football, soccer, and tennis. When asked what he enjoys most about being an athlete, Isaac said it was “bettering yourself”. He said “when you look back at your season and look at where you started, you realize how far you have come as an individual and a team. It’s pretty amazing.” Being an athlete has taught him how to work hard and not give up. After high school, Isaac plans on attending BYU Provo, but is currently undecided of his studies.
- FALL 2019 DRIVER EDUCATION: (Mrs. Sacapanio-Baisa, 8/20-9/6) If you are interested in the Fall 2019 Driver Education course, check your KKHS Gmail TODAY! You MUST have a valid learner's permit when you register and you must attend ALL of the dates on the course calendar. Sign up is online ONLY by September 6! Names of those accepted into the course will be posted in the Main Office, Library, Mrs. Sacapanio-Baisa's Room (E-203), and Mr. Fisher's Room (I-101) on September 9th. You and a parent or guardian must be able to attend orientation on September 11th @ 6pm in the cafeteria. Click to access website.
- VEHICLE DECALS: (Business Office, 8/26/19) Friday, August 23rd, 2019 will be the last day vehicles will be able to park in the student parking lot WITHOUT a parking decal. As of Monday, Aug. 26th, 2019, cars WITHOUT KKHS decals will be tagged by security.
- PENNY WARS: (Ms. Kihara, 9/10) It's that time of the year again - Homecoming! The first class competition has begun! From Aug 26 - Sept 10, you can participate in Penny Wars! Pennies and bills are worth positive points and silver coins are worth negative points. All donations will go toward The Maui Food Bank. Look for the jars during lunch recess!
- KEKAULIKE BLOOD DRIVE: Did you know you can save 3 lives by donating blood? We will be having a Kekaulike Blood Drive on Tuesday, October 15, 2019 in the gym. If you are interested in donating, you must be at least 16 years of age (at the time of donation), be in good health, have waited at least 8 weeks since last donation, and weigh at least 110 lbs. Sign up using this link: http://bit.ly/kkhsblooddrive
- TRUF-REQUIRED FORM: (Mr. D. Ancheta) Students, Do Not wait to find out your KKHS Google account has been SUSPENDED because this form was not turned in. You may turn in your form at the front office. Account suspensions will begin approximately 2-3 weeks. ONLY NEWLY ENROLLED STUDENTS to KKHS need this form to be turned in. If you need another form, click here.
- NA ALII SPIRIT PACK: (Ms. Kihara, 10/4) Need a teal shirt for the new year? Looking for a teal and black pompom? Need a megaphone to cheer on your favorite team? Na Alii Nation Spirit Packs are being sold in G206 during non-class time. For $15 you get a shirt, pompom, and megaphone.
- Exploring Educational Excellence (Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Rice, UChicago) has finally decided to make a stop on MAUI!!!! September 11th at 6:00pP @ Maui Arts and Cultural Center. Students/families can register at exploringeducationalexcellence.org (pre-registration is HIGHLY encouraged). Click here for brochure.
- SENIOR PARENT MTG: If you missed this meeting, the Senior Counselor, Kaylee DeCambra, will be getting in contact with you.
- PROJECT GRADUATION 2020: GET IN EARLY! To encourage participation of all graduates, we're offering an early registration fee of $100.00. This fee will be available starting the evening of Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at the Mandatory Senior Meeting through October 4th. Project Graduation 2020 promises to be a memorable and exciting event. This is a voluntary, fun, safe, drug and alcohol-free event. Please plan to join us! Should you have questions, please feel free to contact Momi Williams at (808) 205-1318, or by email at KKHS2020PG@gmail.com
- THUR, 8/22
- 4:30P VB GJV v BHS @ KKHS
- 6P VB G v BHS @ KKHS
- SAT, 8/24
- 10A BOWLING v Kihei @ Maui Bowling Center
- 3:30P XC - Seabury Invitational @ SH
- 4:30P FB JV v LHS @ KKHS
- 7P FB v LHS @ KKHS
- TUE, 8/27
- 4:30P VB GJV v MHS @ MHS
- 6P VB G V MHS @ MHS
- SAT, 8/31
- 8A XC - Westside Invitational @ Kaanapali Golf Course
- 10A BOWLING v BHS @ Maui Bowling Center
- START DATES & TRAINING INFO 🔗
- WRESTLING WORKOUTS:
- GIRLS SOCCER:
- JV AND VARSITY BASEBALL:
Thank you for those who already became PTSA Members. If you have not, please click on the link to sign up https://forms.gle/XZa77CNSRfG6PNrg7.
As a member, your contribution (whether it be your time, knowledge, or resources) makes a big difference to help us achieve our goals.
The PTSA is an organization that is committed to making a difference in the education, health, and safety of all our students at the school. Our goal is to partner with our parents, teachers, staff and the community and be involved in KKHS educational programs, events, and services to assist in enriching our student's academic experience.
Any questions email us at email@example.com
ATTACHMENTS & HELPFUL LINKS
- August Menu (is UP!)
- ezschoolpay.com: This website allows families to put money on their student’s lunch account.
- ezmealapp.com: This website allows families to apply for free and reduced lunch
- Why should you do this?
- If you qualify for free lunch → free bus
- AP Exam waivers: $94 → $12
- College app waivers
- SAT & ACT Waivers test waivers
- You need to fill one out EVERY year
- Why should you do this?
- Infinite Campus: stay up to date with your child's grades/attendance