Rustic Pathways, Korea International School's partner for international programs, is a pioneer in providing superior quality travel and service programs for students and families in some of the world’s most welcoming countries. Rustic Pathways demands professionalism and integrity across all of its operations, insists on quality in all aspects of its programs, and places the safety of its students above all other considerations.
Programs Offerings | Spring Break 2018
- Thailand - Ricefields Service Base (Grade 8)
- Vietnam - Northern Vietnam Service Adventure (Grades 6 & 7)
- Fiji - Marine Conservation Service Excursion (Grades 6 & 7)
- Cambodia - Children's Project Service Excursion (Grades 9-12)
- Tanzania - Village Service and Safari (Grades 9-12)
- Australia - Golden Sands and Helping Hands (Grades 9-12)
*Please visit individual trip websites hyperlinked above to enroll and for all detailed information pertaining to each trip.
Additional 2017-2018 Program Offerings
- High School College Prep Summer Trip 2017: California - Silicon Valley University Immersion + Design Thinking (July 20-27, 2017)
- Senior Trip 2018: Laos - Mekong Base Service Excursion (dates TBD)
1. Visit your selected trip's website through the above listed links. Click "enroll now" to reserve a spot by October 31st, 2017. A non-refundable US$200 deposit will be due upon enrollment – you will be prompted to make a card payment online in order to complete the enrollment process. There are a limited number of spaces available - enroll at your earliest convenience to ensure you get a spot! Please enter student's information exactly as it appears on their passport.
2. Remaining payments will be invoiced via email and will be due in multiple installments throughout the months leading up to the program. You can expect approximately 50% will be due by December 15th, 2017 and remaining balance due by January 15, 2018.
3. Complete your Medical Information / Participant Enrollment Agreement (PEA) e-form by January 15, 2018. This is an electronic form that will be emailed directly to each participant and their parent/guardian about 3 months prior to travel. The student much complete their portion of the form via their unique email link, and the guardian must complete their portion of the form via their unique email link. For this reason, please provide accurate email addresses for parents and guardians upon enrollment.
4. Confirm that your passport is up to date. Passports must be valid for 6 months after your return date. Also, a visa may be necessary for your trip: see the "resources" tab of your trip site (linked above) for more country-specific information.
5. Visit your physician or a travel medicine clinic to discuss vaccinations or medications for your trip. You should schedule this visit for 1-2 months before your trip begins. For information on the recommended vaccinations and medications, please see the “RESOURCES” tab on your trip site (linked above) and/or consult HX Global, as well as directly consulting your physician.
6. Enjoy your trip!
Safety and Risk Management
Rustic Pathways comprehensive training programs, year-round presence in countries, rigorous safety standards, and continued commitment to evaluating risks ensure we remain at the forefront of risk management in the industry. For more information on our four-tiered approach to safety and risk management, click here.
As a leader in our industry, Rustic Pathways takes the health and wellbeing of our students extremely seriously. For this reason, we are pleased to inform you that we have partnered with HX Global. HX Global is a division of Healix International, one of the world’s leading providers of medical and travel assistance services. We have also partnered with ACE American Insurance Company (“ACE”) for the financial underwriting of certain evacuation expenses. All participants traveling with Rustic Pathways will have access to HX Global services and ACE benefits through Rustic Pathways’ membership. For information about HX Global services and how to access these resources, see letter to travelers here.
At Rustic Pathways, we believe travel provides a unique environment for learning. Our programs are designed to encourage critical thinking; learning moments and opportunities for growth are intentionally built into our programs. Leaders facilitate meaningful discussion and reflection, supporting student learning and amplifying the impact of our travel experiences. For more information on our approach to student learning and student learning impact data, click here.