We welcome donations of books & media that fall within the guidelines below. Friends of Kingstowne Library is a 501(c)3 organization. Donations to Friends are fully tax deductible.
Monetary donations are also gratefully accepted.
What does Friends accept?
- Hardback fiction & nonfiction
- Paperback fiction & nonfiction: 10 years old or newer
- Travel, computer, medical and law books: 2 years old or newer
What does Friends NOT accept?
- Soiled, damaged or musty materials
- Paperback fiction 10+ years old
- Cookbooks & craft books 10+ years old
- Travel, computer, medical and law books 2+ years old
- Encyclopedias, dictionaries, thesauruses
- VHS tapes
- DVDs & Blu-Rays
- Audio books
- Music CDs
Donations should be in reasonably good condition, and be of an appropriate nature to appear in a sale at a public library. Items not listed here may be reviewed by the book sale chair, and accepted on a case by case basis. Due to limited space, please do not drop off more than 2 boxes of books per donation. If you have a large donation, please contact the book sale chair to arrange for handling.
How to make donations?
Books and media should be placed in the donation bins near the library’s returns counter during regular library hours. Please do not leave donations outside the library. Donors may take a blank receipt from the table near the bins. Please note, neither Friends, nor the library staff will assign a value to donated items for tax purposes. Donors are responsible for assessing value of donations, and for any and all tax related matters.
For more information about book donations, please e-mail email@example.com.
To donate funding please e-mail FKLpresident@gmail.com or use the PayPal button below.