Begin planning your video game using the video game planner. You will be going through the typical video game development process of:
- Design: creating a storyboard for your game & identifying/creating images & sound
- Program: working with a specific game design platform to create your game
- functional - testing the game and fixing any bugs you find;
- usability - having friends try out game and getting feedback about ease of use and playability
- Evaluate: evaluating your game
Choose a Platform
Now that you've gotten familiar with the game design platforms, consider what the pros and cons of using each platform might be for you as a game designer.
Teacher Tip: Create a padlet for students to share a pro and con for each platform.