School Counseling Corner
What's new in the world of school counseling?
Each month, we focus on a different character trait. Students have the opportunity to be recognized by staff for displaying outstanding examples of these traits. Look below to see what we're focused on this month!
January: Positive Attitude
In February, we learned about kindness and how very important it is! Elementary students competed in a "Random Acts of Kindness" Challenge with their grade level to see who could spread the most kindness that month. Check out the top results below:
4th Grade: 81 Random Acts of Kindness
1st Grade: 56 Random Acts of Kindness
5th Grade: 36 Random Acts of Kindness
In October, we learned about Bullying Prevention. Check out these amazing videos :
High School Application Deadlines
Choosing the right school for you and your family is important! Check out this site to research more about local high schools, and help you make the right choice:
Mark your calendars! Here are important application deadlines for local high schools:
- African Centered Prep (ACE) - opens December 1 (first come, first served basis)
- Lincoln College Prep - opens December 1 (first come, first served basis) (*entrance test required*)
- Paseo Academy of Fine Arts - opens December (first come, first served basis) (*audition required*)
- University Academy - January 19
- Allen Village High School - February 15 (first come, first served basis)
- Cristo Rey - February 16
- Crossroads - March 1
- Hogan Prep - March 1
- Frontier - March 15
- Frontier STEM - March 15
- Guadalupe Centers (Alta Vista) - March 16
ROLLING ADMISSIONS (applications accepted at any time):
- DeLaSalle Alternative Charter High School
- Kansas City Public High Schools (Central, Northeast, East, Southeast)
Who are our KCIA school counselors? What do they do?
Check out the links to our pages!
Mrs. Verkler - Middle School Counselor
Ms. Danner - Elementary School Counselor