Fun Learning @ Home
Kia ora Rangatahi Students
Below you will find a whole range of interesting and fun learning activities that you can do at home during this time away from school.
Your teachers will be available, so feel free to email and communicate with them. In fact we will look forward to hearing from you.
We would hope that you'll be able to share lots of these things with your class on your return to school
- Keep a Reading Log
- Make a video and edit it , ready to share back at school
- Complete some Homework Challenges
- Complete a sudoku
- Create a Word Search and send to friends
- Add to your Turangawaewae Inquiry- communicate with your Buddy via email
- Watch a Mythbusters programme and write a report about it.
- Study the night sky and see what you can discover.
- Times table practice
- Language Nut - expand your knowledge of a new language
- Letter writing- write to a relative, write to the newspaper -editor
- Movie review
- Write an online story with a BuddyMake a pen-pal
- Create a digital diary of your day
- Create a new board game for 2 or more players
- Create a new board game for a single player
- Rangatahi Site- watch Youtube clips
- Pull a small machine apart and put it back together
- Typing Club
- Make a comic
- Learn a language tutorials
- Write a story using pobble stories
- Little alchemy
- Learning times tables
- Kapakapanui Library useful links (audio books on here)
- NZ Geographic Stories and Talking Points
- Make a sculpture in paper mache
- Paint a rock
- Learn Origami
- Make a mosaic
- Do a sculpture
- Pinterest- learn new tricks/ make something new
- Learn to juggle
- Learn to use a hacky sack
- Do a digital photographic portfolio
- Choose a favourite song and write your own lyrics for it.
- Learn a new craft
- Make a Leggo creation and share on-line with a Buddy.
- Make a musical instrument
- Play a musical instrument.
- Record a song (music and lyrics) collaboratively over the internet with others from the class or syndicate
- Create some origami creatures
- Learn a new craft - patchwork quilting, calligraphy etc
- Build a lego maze
- Make a clay model
- Make a sock puppet
- Create a new line dance
- Create a version of Kapakapanui School on Minecraft
- Play on a set of wheels (scooter, skates, skateboard or bike)
- Make a list of specific lego projects (a plane etc)
- Sew a cushion
- Learn how to paint in watch colours
- Learn how to draw
- Learn how to shade
- Read a book
- Have a family Karaoke with everyone performing an item
- Teach your pet a new trick
- Disney Plus
- Play charades with your family
- Play card or board games with your family
- Do a jigsaw
- David Walliams Reads
- Jump on the trampoline
- Go fishing.
- Go for a run/walk each day.
- Set up an obstacle course in the backyard for exercise.
- Skip for an extra minute each day and see how high a target you can reach.
- See if you can code on the computer.
- Build a Hut in the backyard and write up your “how to instructions”
- Go for a walk make a log of your kilometers
- Kick a ball design a game
- Build a mini putt putt in the backyard with cat food tins (ask permission to bury the tins below the surface
- Learn how to put up a tent