What we do
Shropshire Recovery Partnership (SRP) provides a range of services across Shropshire. We take a holistic approach, which means that we look at a wide range of life areas - all of which can be affected by a substance misuse problem.
At our first appointment with you, we will undertake an assessment, which enables us to understand the difficulties that you have and the services that you might benefit from. Following on from this, we will work with you to agree a recovery plan; a written plan that will specify what we have agreed to do in order to assist you. The services that we offer are wide ranging, and they include:
- Harm reduction and needle exchange services. These are available to anyone who drops in; you dont need to have a full assessment or care plan to get this support from us
- General advice, support, signposting and referral to other agencies
- Regular one to one therapeutic intervention; which can help you develop motivation to change; learn new coping skills; improve your emotional health or family relationships
- Therapeutic group programmes
- A range of diversionary activities, and other opportunities for spending your time constructuvely and positively
- Support with employment, education and training opportunities
- Clinical services; including testing and access to treatment for blood borne viruses; substitute prescribing; or community and inpatient detoxification
SRP provides a specialist service supporting young people aged under 18 years old (but sometimes up to 21), that addresses the effects of their substance misuse and the impact on those around them. The SRP Young Addaction team provides one to one support and a wide range of early intervention programmes in schools, youth clubs and other young people friendly settings.
Building Recovery In Communities (BRIC)
SRP provides a group programme across Shropshire called 'Building Recovery In Communities', which is overseen by the BRIC Team. This is a Health & Wellbeing Group Work programme that is underpinned by the Five Ways to Wellbeing .
The 12 week programme will:
- Build on your existing assets
- Develop your strengths and your resilience
- Encourage you to value people and the environment
- Build your confidence and health
- Support you to design the future you want