Grades 5 & 6 – We Want Photos by 6/10 (1 Current + 1 from Kindergarten)
Since 6th grade will be part of middle school next year, we are sending two grades to Kellogg. Current restrictions prevent us from holding gatherings at school, but we still want to mark this important transition for our oldest students with an online slideshow experience. If you have a child in grades 5 or 6 this year, please send us two pictures: one from this year and one from Kindergarten. We will use picture day photos for anyone who needs them, but we would love to see the ones you choose. Since our celebration will be done electronically, you will be able to safely share it with other family members anywhere in the country or world! If you have concerns about sharing pictures of your child for this, please contact me directly. Send your two pictures here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, 5th grade will meet with me at 11, and 6th grade at 1 on Friday.
Fridays @ 1pm 6th Grade
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 207 977 742
Friday @ 11 Am 5th Grade
Time: 11:00 AM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 915 7023 7990
What families and students should expect
May 4 - June 19
- Beginning May 4, each school will have their own remote learning website in order to provide their own remote online lessons and to streamline communications for students and families.
- Lessons & Schedule
- New grade-level online/video lessons created by each school's teachers will be posted on each school's new remote learning website
- Schools will share weekly learning plans
- Student & Family Connections
- Each student/family will be contacted at least twice each week by their teacher
- Student and family connections shall include but are not limited to: broad (whole class/all-student) communications; class meetings; office hours; small groups; individual students (with pre-approval); and assignment explanation, completion and feedback cycle.
*If a family needs tech support, they can email here:
Home Resources/Supplemental Supports (websites for learning are all free):
Printable Packet Materials: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1--8BVJC_N0FLV4agcbsrPNNgFvNPdvF59okzalIS3MA/edit?ts=5eac5da6
District Home Resources Main Page: https://shorelineschools.instructure.com/courses/16405
Classlink Portal Direct Link (through Google): https://launchpad.classlink.com/shorelineschools
Video Instructions for Classlink Login: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T1Xe_pPURjxcc_ZpPhFCl_mMfbPnVnmK/view
Social-Emotional Brain and Body/Wiggle Breaks: GoNoodle.com