Announcements & About Me
Last updated August 6, 2019
Announcements and About Me
Welcome back! Please bring a book, a snack, and a water bottle for the first day of school!
This is my twelfth school year at Brookside and my 16th year of teaching. My heart and soul is in 2nd and 3rd grade as I have taught those grades for most of my career as well as teaching a 2/3 combination class three times. . I've always been a life long learner and enjoyed being a student. I wanted to be a teacher ever since I was little and played school in my bedroom and made my sister and brother my students. I was very active with our local Shoreline Education Association for the past years as building rep and sitting on the executive board. I have also served on several BKS committees over the years.
- I graduated from Shoreline Community College with an AAS degree in Early Childhood Special Education.
- I graduated from the University of Washington with a BA in Psychology.
- I obtained my K-8 Teaching Certification from Western Washington University.
- I obtained my Professional Teaching Certification in 2011.
- I graduated from Walden University with my Masters in Education, with a focus on reading and literacy in 2013.
Mrs. Ramey in 2nd Grade. Can you find her?
Mrs. Ramey in 3rd Grade. Can you find her?
- I love to read, and am currently enjoying reading on my Kindle.
- I enjoy traveling and learning about new places.
- I love to cook and enjoy creating new dishes.
- I enjoy working out and fitness!
- I also love planning and being organized.
- I am married to Dave Ramey and we've been married for over 12 years.
- I have a younger brother Ryan who is 39 and a sister who is 37.
- I have two brother-in-laws and one sister-in-law, three nephews and one niece.
- My parents are enjoying their retirement and are living the dream on Whidbey Island in their house they built, and vacationing in their Hawaiian condo during the winter.
- My in-laws live close and enjoy being grandparents to my nephews and niece.
- We now have 5 chickens and 3 ducks that Mr. Ramey takes care of.