SD STEM Ed
Save the Date!
The 27th Annual Joint Conference
Feb. 7-9, 2019.
After careful consideration by the SDCTM/SDSTA joint board, the decision has been made to change the joint SDCTM/SDSTA conference title to SD STEM Ed Conference. STEM is more inclusive for subject areas including math and science, but also engineering, CTE, and computer science. Additionally, STEM professional development has become a priority in the budgets of many districts and departments. Only the name is changing! The format and overall excellence of the annual conference will remain the same. Don’t worry. The quality and variety that you have come to expect will be unchanged. Mark your calendars for Feb. 7-9 for the 27th Annual SD STEM Ed Conference in Huron!
Advance Registration Option 1: You may print the conference registration form and mail it with your payment to Sheila McQuade. Advanced registration must be postmarked by January 20, 2019.
Advance Registration Option 2: You may register on-line with a google form or by using this link: https://goo.gl/forms/Uz0UzwMNnJwtTkdv2
- Online registration closes January 20, 2019 - all online registrations (requires payment via PayPal) must be paid by January 22, 2019 or they will be cancelled.
On-site registration: On-site registrations will continue to be an option but will be charged a $35 late registration fee. A limited number of banquet tickets will be available — there is not a guarantee of available banquet tickets with on-site registrations.
- Advanced, mail-in registrations— 1/20/19
- Advanced, on-line registrations— 1/22/19
- Late, on-site registrations— incur a $35 late fee
Consider putting together a session to share with other educators from around the state.
- Submit as many sessions as you want but you may not get acceptance of all.
- Both Workshop or presentation style welcomed.
- Presenters must be registered or exhibiting at conference
- You will receive confirmation of acceptance by December 1.
- Projectors will be supplied as needed. Other materials or technology is the responsibility of the presenter.
Goehring/Veitz Leadership Scholarship for 1st year teachers
- Open to teachers in the first year of teaching in South Dakota
- Provides a free conference registration to SDCTM and SDSTA members
- (Submit application with your registration)