Jokes, riddles, and Quotes
By Sharayu Josh & Emma Capaldi
Have a joke, riddle, or quote you want to share? Email us at email@example.com.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Quote for 5/21: "A cover is not the book, so open it up and take a look." -Mary Poppins/ P.L. Travers
Remember: No response is a response, and it's a powerful one. Don't be afraid to use it.
Don't judge someone's story by the chapter you walked in on.
Ask yourself; "Is what I'm doing today getting me any closer to what I want to be tomorrow?"
Always be committed, because a project you don't want to do is a project that will never be your best work
Always have a plan A, plan B, plan C, and plan D. You won't get discouraged if you have another way it can work!
Nothing is hopeless until you give up hope.
Remember that not every one is going to agree with you, and not everyone will disagree.
Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. -Suzy Kassem
“Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are seeds. You can grow flowers, or you could grow weeds.”
1. I can fly but I have no wings, I can cry but I have no eyes. Wherever I go, darkness follows me. What am I?
2. I have cities, but no houses. I have mountains, but no trees. I have water, but no fish. What am I?
3. My mother is a chemist and my father is a mathematician. My parents gave my Iron59 as my nickname. What is my real name?
4. I can only live where there is light, but I die when the light hits me. What am I?
5. Many have heard me, none have seen me. I speak only when spoken to. What am I?
6. What is yours, but others use it more than you?
7. Can you name three consecutive days without using the word Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?
8. When you need me, you throw me away. When you are done with me, you bring me back. What am I?
9. Always in you, Sometimes on you; If I surround you, I can kill you. What am I?
10. What is something no one wants, but you don't want to lose?
11. Those who have it least don’t know that they have it. Those who have it most wish they had less of it, but not too little or none at all. What is it?
12. One of the four words does not belong with the other three. Which word does not belong? What is it that the others have in common?
1. Green, yellow, red, blue
2. April, December, November, June
3. Cirrus, calculus, cumulus, stratus
4. Carrots, radishes, potatoes, cabbages
5. Fork, comb,rake, shovel
13. Name an eight letter word that has kst in the middle, in the beginning, and at the end.
14. A prisoner is told "If you tell a lie we will hang you; if you tell the truth we will shoot you." What can he say to save himself?
15. What English word has three consecutive double letters?
16. Feed me and I live, yet give me a drink and I die.
17. What gets broken without being held?
18. A man is pushing his car along the road when he comes to a hotel. He shouts, "I'm bankrupt!" Why?
19. Forward I am heavy, but backward I am not. What am I?
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.
1. A CLOUD
2. A MAP
3. My name is FELIX
4. I am a SHADOW
5. I am a ECHO
6. Your NAME
7. YES! the answer is YESTERDAY, TODAY, and TOMORROW
8. An ANCHOR
1. Green. Yellow, red and blue are primary colors, green is not.
2. December. The other months have only 30 days.
3. Calculus. The others are cloud types. Or stratus-the others start with 'C'
4. Cabbage. The others are vegetables that grow underground.
5. Shovel. The others have prongs.
13. Inkstand - kst is in the middle. "In" is the beginning, and "and" ends the word.
14. You will hang me.
18. Because he was playing Monopoly
19. A Ton
20. The dark