Doherty Middle School Band
Calendar - 2018-2019
- Grade 6 - Tuesday and Friday, 12:25 - 1:15
- Grades 7/8 - Tuesday and Friday, 1:15 - 2:05
- Friday, October 5 "7th and 8th Grade Band Night at AHS Football Game!" - Eugene Lovely Stadium, Andover HS.
- 7th and 8th grade band members are invited to join the Andover High School Golden Warrior Marching Band in cheering the football team on to victory, and enjoy their half-time field show. Participants will meet at 5:30 in the band room of the Collins Center at AHS. There will be a brief rehearsal before heading over to the field where the kids will perform the National Anthem at about 7:00pm, and play in the stands during the game. We will be done at about 9:00, to be picked up back at the band room.
- Monday, October 29, "Music of the Night Concert" 7:00 - 8:30 PM - Collins Center, Andover HS
- The three middle school will combine forces of the bands, choruses, and orchestras for an evening of lighter music to kick off the performance year. Concert dress is our usual black, unless one would rather show off the Halloween disguise planned for this year. The costume must allow for proper playing technique and posture, and not obstruct the view of musician behind them.
- There is a 45 minute rehearsal at 4:45 so that we can get a run-through with the full ensemble. Following the rehearsal, students are invited to remain with band until concert time. If you need to pick-up your children at 5:30 after the rehearsal, please see to it they are back and ready to go at the Collins Center at 6:45. We will be seated in the hall at that point. An early dinner at home might be the best bet, but they will be given an opportunity to eat a snack or sandwich before the concert if they bring one.
- Tuesday, January 29, "Winter Concert" -7:00 - 8:30 PM - Memorial Auditorium, Doherty Middle School
- A lively performance from the band, chorus, and orchestra from Doherty MS.
- Tuesday, March 26, "Andover Schools All-Bands Night" - 7:00 - 9:00 PM - Collins Center, Andover HS
- Concert, Jazz, and Marching Bands from the Andover Public Schools will perform in this "vertical" concert. The middle schools will watch their future successors from the elementary schools give their first performances, play for them, and then enjoy the high school jazz, marching, and concert bands in a fun and joyous evening. Students should wear "concert black" outfits.
- Thursday, May 23, "Doherty MS Spring Concert" - 7:00 - 8:30 PM - Memorial Auditorium, Doherty Middle School
- The band will share a concert with the Orchestra, Chorus, and Andover Level 2 Jazz Band to round out a great year! Concert black is the dress for this event.