Doherty Middle School Band
As promised... Stravinsky's Firebird startles and terrifies a poor audience member....
Calendar - 2018-2019
- Grade 6 - Tuesday and Friday, 12:35 - 1:26
- Grades 7/8 - Tuesday and Friday, 1:26 - 2:20
- Saturday, October 5 "7th and 8th Grade Band Day at AHS Football Game!" - Eugene Lovely Stadium, AHS.
- 7th and 8th grade band members are invited to join the Andover High School Golden Warrior Marching Band in cheering the football team on to victory, and enjoy their half-time field show. Participants will meet at 1:00pm in the band room of the Collins Center at AHS. There will be a brief rehearsal before heading over to the field where the kids will perform the National Anthem at about 2:30pm, and play in the stands during the game. We will be done at about 5:00pm, to be picked up back at the band room.
- Monday, October 28, "Music of the Night Concert" 7:00 - 8:00 PM - Collins Center, Andover HS
- The three middle schools will combine band forces, and be joined by the AHS Golden Warrior Marching Band. Concert dress is our usual black, unless one would rather show off the Halloween disguise planned for this year. The costume must allow for proper playing technique and posture, and not obstruct the view of musician behind them.
- There is a rehearsal at 5:30 so that we can get a run-through with the full ensemble. Parents are welcome to either drop them off for this and then come back for the concert, or join us in the hall for the rehearsal and see the magic that goes into a night like this.
- Tuesday, January 28, "Winter Concert" -7:00 - 8:30 PM - Memorial Auditorium, Doherty Middle School
- A lively performance from the band, chorus, and orchestra from Doherty MS.
- Tuesday, March 31, "Andover Schools All-Bands Night" - 7:00 - 9:00 PM - Collins Center, Andover HS
- Concert, Jazz, and Marching Bands from the Andover Public Schools will perform in this "vertical" concert. The middle schools will watch their future successors from the elementary schools give their first performances, play for them, and then enjoy the high school jazz, marching, and concert bands in a fun and joyous evening. Students should wear "concert black" outfits.
- Thursday, May 28, "Doherty MS Spring Concert" - 7:00 - 8:30 PM - Memorial Auditorium, Doherty Middle School
- The band will share a concert with the Orchestra, Chorus, and Andover Level 2 Jazz Band to round out a great year! Concert black is the dress for this event.
- In School Assembly - 1:15pm