Red Book (8:10) Assignments
For February 15 - Page 18, exercises #74 through #79
Start looking at Page 21: "Montego Bay" and "Regal March". Familiarize yourself with "Long Rests" (top of Page 21) and "First and Second Endings" (top of page 19)
Submit some PracticeMaster Videos!!
Blue Book (7:30) Assignments
Calendar - 2018-2019
Band Class - Blue Book (second year), Thursdays, 7:30-8:10 AM, Red Book (first year), Thursdays, 8:10-8:50 AM - South School Music Room
- Friday, December 14, "Winter Informance" - 8:00-8:40 AM - South School Cafeteria
- Family and friends are invited to a demonstration of our band class, to get an idea of how things are progressing, and how we spend out time in before school band. There is no special dress for this event; just typical school clothes.
- Wednesday, March 27, "Andover Schools All-Bands Night" - 7:00 - 9:00 PM - Collins Center, Andover HS
- Concert, Jazz, and Marching Bands from the Andover Public Schools will perform in this "vertical" concert. This will be the beginning band kids' first concert, as they join the members of all five elementary school bands to make one big wonderful band. They will then be treated to a performance from the middle and high school bands that lie ahead of them in the future. Always an exciting and joyous evening. Students will need to report to the Collins Center for a pre-concert dress run-through starting at 5:45pm. Students should wear "concert black" outfits.
- Wednesday, May 22, "South Elementary School Spring Concert" - 7:00 - 8:15PM - South School Cafeteria
- The band will share a concert with the Chorus and Orchestra to round out a great year! Concert black is the dress for this event.