Red Book (8:10) Assignments
For March 25- Page 21: "Montego Bay" and "Regal March".
Concert on March 26!
Blue Book (7:30) Assignments
For March 25 - Focus on Concert Music. (Red Book Page 21: "Montego Bay" and "Regal March".
Concert on March 26!
For April 1 - Page 19, exercises #81 through #86
Calendar - 2018-2019
Band Class - Blue Book (second year), Mondays, 7:30-8:10 AM, Red Book (first year), Mondays, 8:10-8:50 AM
- Monday, December 10, "Winter Informance" - 8:00-8:40AM - Sanborn Elementary School.
- Family and friends are invited to a demonstration of our band class, to get an idea of how things are progressing, and how we spend out time in before school band. There is no special dress for this event; just typical school clothes.
- Tuesday, March 26, "Andover Schools All-Bands Night" - 7:00 - 8:30 PM - Collins Center, Andover HS
- Concert, Jazz, and Marching Bands from the Andover Public Schools will perform in this "vertical" concert. This will be the beginning band kids' first concert, as they join the members of all five elementary school bands to make one big wonderful band. They will then be treated to a performance from the middle and high school bands that lie ahead of them in the future. Always an exciting and joyous evening. Students will need to report to the Collins Center for a pre-concert dress run-through starting at 5:45pm. Students should wear "concert black" outfits.
The schedule is as follows:
- 5:45-6:45pm – Elementary Bands will be on stage for a dress rehearsal
- 7:00pm - Concert start
- 8:30pm (approximate) – Concert is concluded.
- Your duties for the concert:
- Be dressed in proper attire!
- Arrive of rehearsal with enough time to be ready to play at 5:45!
- Have all your equipment and music with you, and keep good track of it all night!
- Be prepared enough to enjoy your performance!
- Be an excellent, respectful, and attentive member of the audience!
- Be sure to leave with everything you brought!
As is always our policy, it is the expectation that students remain for the entire concert, as this is as much about hearing our fellow musicians play, and glimpsing into the future, as it is about performing ourselves.
Percussionists – be sure your equipment is labeled, as it will spend some time out of the case and is subject to being confused with that of other percussionists.
- Thursday, May 30, "Sanborn Spring Concert" - 7:00 - 8:15PM - Cafeteria, Sanborn Elementary School
- The band will share a concert with the Orchestra, Chorus, and Orff Ensemble to round out a great year! Concert black is the dress for this event.