High Plain Band
MORNING DROP-OFF PROTOCOL FOR BAND
Students should be dropped of for band at the front door of High Plain (not the cafeteria or the Wood Hill doors), where they should wait in the lobby until they are met by a teacher to escort them down to the Wood Hill band room. Parent questions should be sent via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) rather than in person in the school, due to the logistical and security flow between the two schools, as well as the optimum use of our limited instructional time. Thank you for helping us our by cooperating with this procedure.
Red Book (8:10)
FIRST YEAR BAND STUDENTS
WEDNESDAYS, 8:10-8:50 AM
ASSIGNMENTS UPDATED ON
Class Code: mdl6pkm
Calendar - 2019-2020
Band Class - Blue Book (second year), Wednesdays, 7:30-8:10 AM, Red Book (first year), Wednesdays, 8:10-8:50 AM - Wood Hill Middle School Band Room
- Wednesday, December 11, "Winter Informance" - 8:00-8:40AM - Band Room, Wood Hill Middle School (Snow date, 12/18)
- Family and friends are invited to a demonstration of our band class, to get an idea of how things are progressing, and how we spend out time in before school band. There is no special dress for this event; just typical school clothes.
- Tuesday, March 31, "Andover Schools All-Bands Night" - 7:00 - 8:30 PM - Collins Center, Andover HS
- Concert, Jazz, and Marching Bands from the Andover Public Schools will perform in this "vertical" concert. This will be the beginning band kids' first concert, as they join the members of all five elementary school bands to make one big wonderful band. They will then be treated to a performance from the middle and high school bands that lie ahead of them in the future. Always an exciting and joyous evening. Students will need to report to the Collins Center for a pre-concert dress run-through starting at 5:45pm. Students should wear "concert black" outfits.
The schedule is as follows:
- 5:45-6:45pm – Elementary Bands will be on stage for a dress rehearsal
- 7:00pm - Concert start
- 8:30pm (approximate) – Concert is concluded.
- Your duties for the concert:
- Be dressed in proper attire!
- Arrive of rehearsal with enough time to be ready to play at 5:45!
- Have all your equipment and music with you, and keep good track of it all night!
- Be prepared enough to enjoy your performance!
- Be an excellent, respectful, and attentive member of the audience!
- Be sure to leave with everything you brought!
As is always our policy, it is the expectation that students remain for the entire concert, as this is as much about hearing our fellow musicians play, and glimpsing into the future, as it is about performing ourselves.
Percussionists – be sure your equipment is labeled, as it will spend some time out of the case and is subject to being confused with that of other percussionists.
- Wednesday, June 3, "High Plain Spring Concert" - 7:00 - 8:15 PM - High Plain/Wood Hill Auditorium
- The band will share a concert with the Orchestra to round out a great year! Concert black is the dress for this event.
- In school assembly, 9:30 am