High Plain Band
Red Book (8:10) Assignments
For February 12 - Page 18, exercises #74 and #75, Page 19, exercises #80, #81, and #82
Start looking at Page 21: "Montego Bay" and "Regal March". Familiarize yourself with "Long Rests" and "First and Second Endings"
Blue Book (7:30) Assignments
Calendar - 2018-2019
Band Class - Blue Book (second year), Wednesdays, 7:30-8:10 AM, Red Book (first year), Wednesdays, 8:10-8:50 AM - Wood Hill Middle School Band Room
- Wednesday, December 12, "Winter Informance" - 8:00-8:40AM - Band Room, Wood Hill Middle School
- Family and friends are invited to a demonstration of our band class, to get an idea of how things are progressing, and how we spend out time in before school band. There is no special dress for this event; just typical school clothes.
- Wednesday, March 27, "Andover Schools All-Bands Night" - 7:00 - 9:00PM - Collins Center, Andover HS
- Concert, Jazz, and Marching Bands from the Andover Public Schools will perform in this "vertical" concert. This will be the beginning band kids' first concert, as they join the members of all five elementary school bands to make one big wonderful band. They will then be treated to a performance from the middle and high school bands that lie ahead of them in the future. Always an exciting and joyous evening. Students will need to report to the Collins Center for a pre-concert dress run-through starting at 5:45pm. Students should wear "concert black" outfits.
- Tuesday, June 4, "High Plain Spring Concert" - 7:00 - 8:15 PM - High Plain/Wood Hill Auditorium
- The band will share a concert with the Orchestra to round out a great year! Concert black is the dress for this event.