8th Grade Parents First Phase of High School Informatuion
Yesterday Office of Enrollment explained the new high school application process. All applications will now be completed online by families. Our team of counselors and parent coordinator are going to assist everyone with the new changes. Below is an explanation of the first set of steps.
- Parents will receive a letter in their home language from the Dept of Education explaining the process of signing up for your child's individual "MySchool" account. This letter will include a code that you must use to open the account. You may also need your child's school identification or OSIS number. This number is located on report cards, schedules and many other MS51 documents.
- Once opened, you will see several tabs which contain information for the various steps to the high process i.e the SHSAT & Laguardia sign up, an online HS directory and school finder app along with the actual application for the 12 choices.
- The first step for families is to take the tutorials on the site and see how helpful this site can be for this process--there is alot of information and ultimately once we are all comfortable utilizing the online system, we know it will be manageable and convenient.
- The students page will be updated to include report card grades and test scores in late October. currently you will see the identifying information, (DOB, address) Please check that it is correct. Errors can be reported to Mr Phillips.
- The High School Information Night will be held Sept 26th 6-8pm It would be helpful if you had attempted to access your MYSchools account and perhaps even explore signing up for SHSAT/LaGuardia if you are interested. DO NOT BE AFRAID of the new system, any errors will be easily corrected.
William Alexander Middle School 51
(718) 369-7603 ext.1314
HIGH SCHOOL / OPEN HOUSE
& TOUR INFORMATION
High School Information
- Register for alerts form the DOE directly https://www.schools.nyc.gov/connect?news=HighSchoolAdmissions
- View all information about High School Application and process here: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollment/enroll-grade-by-grade/high-school
- High School Admissions Powerpoint 2018
- High School Admissions Timeline 2018
- Things to consider when making your high school choices
- How to Narrow your High School Choices
- Specialized High School Portfolio Prep for Fine Art
- Auditions / Portfolio Work for High Schools by Talent
- NYC DOE High Schools
- MS 51 High School Acceptances 2018
- MS 51 High School Acceptances 2017
- Coping with disappointment
- Updates for the Specialized High School Exam SHSAT
2019 High School Decision Information
OPEN HOUSE AND TOUR INFORMAITON
MS51 BDN# 15K051
Bard HS Early College
- Click here for the Bard website
Beacon High School
- Open house for Brooklyn, no registration
Nest + m
- Open house Registration required see website for more information
Edward R. Murrow HS
- Edward R. Murrow For tours visit website frequently here
- Tours and open house information
Senior Activity Standards
The criteria to be able to attend/participate in any SENIOR ACTIVITY are as follows:
- You MUST be PASSING to be able to attned a SENIOR ACTIVITY. Passing for MS 51 means that you did not fail (below a 65) any subjects
- You are a trustworthy, respectful, well behaved students. Any teacher or administrator can remove a student based on section sheets or pupil path anecdotals.
- You arrive on time for school and you have an acceptable record of attendance. Excessive unexcused lateness and/or absences will lead to a removal from acitivities
- You take pride in your education and don't have any "N"s or "U"s on your report cards. Two "N"s or one "U" is an automatic removal from activities
These are our Grade 8 Expectations. Not only do we follow these for senior activities participation but your teachers also follow this for regular class trips. Remember, participating in senior activities is a privilege and reward for hardworking and deserving students. it is NOT a right.
William Alexander Middle School 51
350 Fifth Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11215