A middle school uniquely committed to
balancing both an intensive accelerated academic program
and an in-depth arts program.
MS 51 is a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive school with a community committed to ensuring all children feel supported and successful at this pivotal moment in their lives. Our curriculum, focused on challenging academics, an extensive study of the arts, and social-emotional learning, supports all students while they grow in their knowledge of themselves, one another, and the world. We want all who walk through our doors to feel safe, valued, and capable and to leave here understanding their experiences matter, they have a voice, and that they can use that voice to be aware and productive citizens in an ever-changing world.
Our MISSION is to…
Help create a better tomorrow
Summer Bridge Program for Incoming 6th Graders with IEPs
Free Microsoft Office for Students & Families
- You will need child's date of birth and phone number or email located on the DOE ATS system
- Visit https://studentoffice.net/
- You can register up to 5 computers/smart devices for free
Donor Choose Grants
- School is closed Monday September 30 and Tuesday October 1 in observance of Rosh Hashana.
- Movie Night: Thursday, October 3 6PM come and see GREASE on the turf of JJ Bryne Park
- Wednesday, October 9, Schools closed for Yom Kippur
- Monday, October 14: Schools closed for Columbus Day
- Monday, October 21: 4:15 pm School Leadership Team Meeting room 126
- Tuesday, October 22: DUET Meeting 7:50 am in Library - Translation Available
Zoë Rodriguez Ladias, Grade 8 had her work selected to be in this month's Time Magazine Climate Special Issue with her drawing depicting what the earth could look like in 2050.
OPEN HOUSE INFORMATION
Statement of Accessibility
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Julia Castro to request assistance.
William Alexander Middle School 51
350 Fifth Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11215