A middle school uniquely committed to
balancing both an intensive accelerated academic program
and an in-depth arts program.
MS 51 is a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive school with a community committed to ensuring all children feel supported and successful at this pivotal moment in their lives. Our curriculum, focused on challenging academics, an extensive study of the arts, and social-emotional learning, supports all students while they grow in their knowledge of themselves, one another, and the world. We want all who walk through our doors to feel safe, valued, and capable and to leave here understanding their experiences matter, they have a voice, and that they can use that voice to be aware and productive citizens in an ever-changing world.
Our MISSION is to…
Help create a better tomorrow
Summer Bridge Program for Incoming 6th Graders with IEPs
Summer Reading Lists
- Incoming 6th Graders
- Current 6th Graders Rising to 7th Grade
- Current 7th Graders Rising to 8th Grade
- Great Books for the High School Bound (for our 8th grade graduates)
Free Microsoft Office for Students & Families
- You will need child's date of birth and phone number or email located on the DOE ATS system
- Visit https://studentoffice.net/
- You can register up to 5 computers/smart devices for free
School Supply Kits
- MS51 School Supplies (Must Purchase Book Club book)
- School wide book club books will be sold at school in September $10.
LEAP After School Programs for 2019 - 2020
- LeAp is a free after school program offered to all interest MS51 families.
- Families must attend one of the 3 orientations on September 9, 10 & 11 from 5-6:30 pm.
- All families who attend one of the orientations are guaranteed a seat in the program.
- For more information and application visit the LeAp website
- LeAp after school begins on Monday, September 16.
- First day of school is Thursday, September 5. All students will meet teachers and staff on Turf at JJ Bryne Park. Our first Parent Association meeting of the 2019 school year will begin immediately after students have entered the building in our auditorium. Please join us.
- Save the date for Curriculum Night, Thursday September 19 5-8 pm.
- Save the date First DUET meeting, Tuesday, September 24 @ 7:50 am (DUET =DIVERSITY, UNITY EQUITY TEAM)
- School is closed Monday September 30 and Tuesday October 1 in observance of Rosh Hashana.
OPEN HOUSE INFORMATION
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN OUR SCHOOL...
... and best of luck to all of the applicants!
Open house registration begins Monday, September 23, 2019.
Feel free to take our virtual tour.
Statement of Accessibility
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Julia Castro to request assistance.
William Alexander Middle School 51
350 Fifth Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11215