Tools for new gTLDs
This is a list of useful contents and tools to have a look at - or use - for parties interested in following the ICANN new gTLD program.
Trademarks and future participants willing to submit an application will find it interesting to start with having a look at our list of confusing new gTLDs.
List of tools
- List of confusing new gTLDs: this is a list of "extremely close" new generic Top-Level Domains which can cause confusion since the first level domain (the domain name extension) look alike. For example: domain names ending in ".ENGINEER" and ".ENGINEERING", ".DOG" and ".DOT" or ".WEB and .WED";
- Nomulus: the back-end registry solution offered by Google on Tuesday, October 18, 2016. Trademarks or entrepreneurs with technical knowledge might be tempted by such a solution to - not necessarily - lower costs to acquire their Top-Level Domain;
- Article explaining why it makes sense to apply for a .BRAND new gTLD to block a company from homograph attacks;
- The up-to-date text file of valid top-level domains maintained by the IANA (updated from time to time);
- Project John Wolley (innovative new gTLD project);
- Tool for Corporate Registrars (innovation);
- The "old" Jovenet Consulting:
- More to come.