Year 8 - Documents and Information
NHS Information regarding Covid19 (Coronavirus) : https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Contacts - Mr T. Laws - email@example.com - Director Of Learning Year 8
Mr S. Eardley firstname.lastname@example.org - Behaviour and Wellbeing Manager - Year 8
Learning from Home
Guidance for students:
- You should try and complete all of the activities in the plan by the end of the week.
- Detailed instructions for completing the work on the learning grids will be found on the relevant Google Classroom.
- It is up to you when you complete the work, but don’t leave it until the last minute!
- Make sure that you make time for breaks and lunch. Do what is best for you and your family.
- Stay hydrated & eat healthy food to boost your immune system – it’s important to remain in good health at this time.
- Submit work through your Google Classroom.
- Contact your usual class teacher if you have any learning issues or needs.
Guidance for parents:
- Set a regular time to get up as you would do for a normal school day.
- Check that your son/daughter is following the schedule.
- Encourage your son/daughter to contact their teacher if they are having difficulty with the topic or are unable to access the resources.
- If possible, create a quiet space for your son/daughter to work away from distractions.
- Contact your child's director of learning (details are on the Year Guides section of the school's website) if you need any help – we do not expect you to be teachers!
Educake in Science
We are now using Educake for revision, homeworks and independent learning in Science. Here's a guide for how you and your children can use it. If you need further info or a login reminder please email Mr S Fordwhalley - email@example.com