Successful adherence to the dress code helps eliminate disparities and competition due to student’s appearance, improves student’s self-esteem, and helps increase the focus on academic achievement.
Students are required to wear the following items:
- 6th Grade: Short or long sleeved collared white (solid color) shirt
- 7th Grade: Short or long sleeved collared blue (solid color, any shade) shirt
- 8th Grade: Short or long sleeved collared black or gray (solid color, any shade) shirt
All Grades: Navy blue or khaki pants, skirts or shorts (weather permitting)
- Blue jeans may not be substituted for navy blue pants*
- White, blue or gray cardigan sweaters or crew-neck sweatshirt are allowed to be worn everyday (NO HOODED SWEATSHIRTS); Gray or navy blue Bleeker JHS 185 uniform sweatshirts are sold by the PTA starting in September.
- Sneakers, dress shoes or boots (no open toe shoes, flip flops, or sandals) are permitted.
- All students are assigned with a coat room closet where they are encouraged to place their outer garment (coats, jackets, non-Bleeker hooded sweatshirts and accessories (scarves, hats, gloves.)
Fridays are “School Spirit” days: If your child belongs to a team or club that has a group shirt they may wear that shirt on Fridays to show school spirit.
Physical Education uniforms are required to be worn on days your child has physical education class. To purchase P.E uniforms online, please click HERE. Please note the uniform will be shipped to JHS 185.
Bleeker T Shirt: $8
Bleeker Sweatpants: $15
Bleeker Shorts: $9
Bleeker Hooded Sweatshirt: $16
Combination Lock: $6