Successful adherence to the dress code helps eliminate disparities and competition due to a student’s appearance, improves students’ self-esteem, and helps increase the focus on academic achievement.
Students are required to wear the following items:
- 6th Grade: Short or long sleeved collared white (solid color) shirt
- 7th Grade: Short or long sleeved collared blue (solid color, any shade) shirt
- 8th Grade: Short or long sleeved collared black, green or gray (solid color, any shade) shirt
- All Grades: Navy blue or khaki pants, skirts or shorts (weather permitting)
- Blue jeans may not be substituted for navy blue pants*
- Cardigan sweater or sweatshirt in a color that coordinates with pants/shirt (NO HOODED SWEATSHIRTS); Gray or navy blue Bleeker JHS 185 uniform sweatshirts are sold by the PTA starting in September.
- Sneakers, dress shoes or boots (no open toe shoes, flip flops, or sandals) are permitted.
- Hats and/or hooded sweatshirts may not be carried or worn in the building. These items must be secured in your child’s homeroom closet.
Fridays are “School Spirit” days. If your child belongs to a team or club that has a group shirt they may wear that shirt on Fridays to show school spirit.
GYM UNIFORMS are required to be worn on days your child has their physical education class. Gym uniforms are available for purchase from the physical education department beginning in September.
To purchase gym uniform online, please click HERE. Please note the uniform will be shipped to JHS 185.
Bleeker T Shirt: $8
Bleeker Sweatpants: $15
Bleeker Shorts: $9
Bleeker Hooded Sweatshirt: $16
Combination Lock: $6