Respect for All -ADL
Respect for All & No Place for Hate
Respect for All and No Place for Hate is a school-wide expectation. This is a partnership between the NYC Department of Education and the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), where tolerance and acceptance is the norm. We live in a culturally diverse city, where every student brings something new and/or different to the table. It is important for us to contribute to our community by conveying the message of tolerance and acceptance.
The following behaviors are not tolerated at JHS 185, as indicated by Chancellor Farina and Mayor de Blasio:
- Physical violence
- Verbal or physical conduct that threatens another with harm
- Seeking to coerce or compel a student or staff member to do something; hazing
- Taunting; exclusion from peer groups designed to humiliate or isolate
- Using derogatory language or name calling to humiliate or harass
- Written or graphic material, including graffiti, containing comments or stereotypes that are derogatory of others
- If your child has experienced or witnessed any of the above behavior, please have them report the incident to an adult in the building.