Child Center of New York
Child Center SONYC at JHS 185 has a mission to strengthen children and families with skills, opportunities, and emotional support to build healthy, successful lives. SONYC at JHS 185 is staffed by youth work professionals; licensed teachers and other education professionals; and community members who are leaders in their fields, thereby providing local youth with relate-able role models. The program’s overarching goal is to promote positive social – emotional behaviors in young people’s attitudes toward themselves, the people around them, and their futures.
We offer our participants a various amount of activities in areas such as STEM; Literacy; Leadership and Civics (such as Service Learning, College and Career Readiness, and gender-specific mentoring groups); Visual and/or Performing Arts; and Health & Wellness.
We have a very competitive Sports & Recreational based aspect of the program (included but not limited) to Basketball (boys and girls), soccer (boys and girls) and general / foundational sports training opportunities. A healthy snack is provided daily.
Hours of Operation: Monday — Friday 2:20 PM – 5:20 PM (when school is in session; not open on holidays).
First day of After – School: Monday, September 9, 2019
Information about 2019-2020 After-School Program:
- Applications will be accepted on first come first serve basis.
- If the application is not entirely completed your child will NOT be accepted.
- You can email the application back to email@example.com or
- You can drop off the application at JHS 185 on August 19, 2019 to August 22, 2019 and August 26, 2019 to August 28, 2019 between the hours of 10 AM to 1 PM.
- Parent Orientation will be held on September 4, 2019 at 6 PM and September 6, 2019 at 3 PM (only one session of Parent Orientation is MANDATORY)
Please visit the link below for registration form: