8th Grade High School Applications timeline
Preparing for high school admission
September 25, 2018 - Murray Hill Academy 02M432 Open House Dates
Murray Hill Academy 02M432
111 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016
MHA Admission Code: A19A
Saturday, September 29, 2018 9:30 am - 11 am
Saturday, September 29, 2018 11:30 am - 1 pm
Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:30 pm - 6 pm
Thursday, October 4, 2018 4:30 pm - 6 pm
Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:30 pm - 6 pm
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 4:30 pm - 6 pm
Thursday, October 18, 2018 4:30 pm - 6 pm
Tuesday, October 23, 2018 4:30 pm - 6 pm
Saturday, October 27, 2018 9:30 am - 11 am
Saturday, October 27, 2018 11:30 am - 1 pm
September, 2018, 2018
We welcome you to the 2018-2019 High School Admissions process! All students should have received a MySchools account invitation letter which was mailed to you from the New York City Department of Education. This letter contains information on how to register and access a MySchools account. This year, ALL parents/guardians are required to register, and create a Myschools account. If you have not received a letter, a possible reason is that your address needs updating. Parents/Guardians can update their address by brining proof of residence to the main office. With MySchools, you will be able to:
- Search high schools and programs
- Keep track of prospective high schools of interest
- Register for the SHSAT (Specialized High School Admission Test/ LaGuardia and other programs requiring tests, auditions, and interviews.
- Apply to high school
Parent/Guardian instructions to set up a MySchools and create an account:
- Log into MySchools.nyc
- Provide an email address, which generates a verification link
- Verify your email address by clicking on the verification link
- Create a personal password for the MySchools access
Add your child to your account using their Student ID number and the Account Creation Code (pin) which is in the letter that was mailed home to you. If you do not have your MySchools account letter, please have your child go to Room 101 during their lunch period, and they will be provided with this pin. You may also contact our parent coordinator, Jenny Luo at email@example.com for support.
Communication with you is extremely important. We ask all 8th grade families to fill out the section below, and return to your child’s Social Studies teacher no later than Friday, September 28th 2018:
Print - MySchools Form- Tear off
Looking forward to a successful year and high school application process,
The 8th Grade Support Team
September 14, 2018 - MySchools Account
If you’re applying to high school this fall, you’ll get a letter in the mail next week with instructions on how to create a MySchools account. MySchools is both an online directory of NYC public schools and a personalized application.
As soon as you log in to your MySchools account, you can start exploring NYC public schools. If you’d like to apply to the specialized high schools, use MySchools to schedule your Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT) or register to audition for LaGuardia High School by October 11, 2018. You’ll also use MySchools to apply to high school.
If you don’t get your instructions in the mail next week, speak with your school counselor for help. You can also visit High School Admissions or call 718-935-2009 with any questions.
The High School Admissions Team
September 13, 2018 - Steps To Get Started
September is an important month in your high school admissions journey—it’s time to get to know schools and begin choosing programs for your high school application.
Things you can do to get started:
- Watch two new videos to learn more about admissions:
- Go to a high school fair to meet staff and students from schools in your borough. If you’re interested in schools in other boroughs, you can go to those fairs, too. Each fair offers an admissions workshop and presentations on the audition process for arts programs and Career and Technical Education.
- Register to take the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT)—stay tuned for registration instructions later this month.
Apply one of three ways:
- Online in English, Spanish, Chinese, Bengali, Russian, Arabic, Urdu, Haitian Creole, Korean, or French
- Through your school counselor
- At a Family Welcome Center in over 200 languages—find locations and hours on our Family Welcome Centers page
Even if you plan to apply online, make an appointment to talk to your school counselor about your application choices.
For more information, please visit the NYC DOE High School Website:
* We encourage families to save this important link for future high school admission news and updates.
September 06, 2018 - High School Fair Flyers
Please see the link below for High School Fair flyers (in different languages.)
*Note that there is no citywide high school fair; instead, there will be high school fairs in each borough on the following dates:
- Saturday, September 22, and Sunday, September 23: Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens, (not Staten Island); and
- Saturday, October 13, and Sunday, October 14: Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.
September 01, 2018 - Familiarize with the Process
- Please make sure you are familiar with the NYC High School Directory. If you did not receive a copy, please contact one of our school guidance counselors or Ms. Debiec room 1221.
- If there are any address changes, please make the necessary updates with the main office as soon as possible. Please note that you will need to supply documentation for the new address.
- We highly encourage that you check and review your child's 7th grade attendance record to clarify absences.