Our Mission Statement:
West Jessamine Middle School will equip students to maximize their potential by promoting lifelong learning and engaging the whole student.
UPCOMING THIS WEEK
(1/14/2019 - 1/18/2019):
English - Mrs. CollinsStandard: RL7.3 Students will analyze how particular elements in a story (plot, character, setting) interact
- Short Stories
- O Henry
- Library Thursday, January 17
Social Studies - Mr. CraneStandard 5.3.2- Students will describe the rise of classical civilizations and empires (Greece) and explain how these civilizations had lasting impacts on the world in government, architecture, art, drama, and literature.
- Ancient Greece
- Minoans and Mycenaeans
- Government Systems
Math - Ms. IsaacsonStandard 7.RP.A.3: Use proportional relationships to solve multistep ratio and percent problems.
- NTI work Google classroom code: ctfk4l
- Unit 4 lessons 9-12
- Advanced: Unit 6 lessons 10-12--Summative Friday, 1/18
- Homework every night this week for 2nd, 4th, 6th
Science - Mrs. LaswellStandard : Apply scientific principles to design, construct, and test a device that either minimizes or maximizes thermal energy transfer.
- Thermal Energy and Heat Transfer
- Be working on Preview/Review at home every night!
Collaborative ELA - Mrs. Evans
Collaborative Math - Mr. Helton
Rangers Team Teachers Contact Information
- Sharon Collins- English and Team Leader
- Bria Isaacson - Math
- Tyler Crane - Social Studies
- Jessica Laswell - Science
- Katherine Evans - Collaborative ELA
- Brian Helton - Collaborative Math
To speak with a teacher on the phone, please call the school's main line (1-859-885-2244) during one of our planning times (8:54 - 9:38 am or 1:44 - 2:32 pm). If we are unavailable, we will return your call as soon as possible.