Academies at Valley
What is an Academy?
Academies are small learning communities within JCPS high schools that allow all students to connect what they're learning in the classroom to the real world through a subject that interests them.
What is a Pathway?
A career pathway is a coherent un-duplicated sequence of rigorous academic and career/technical courses including dual credit opportunities, leading to post-secondary degrees and industry recognized and/or licensures.
1. Transform Public Education
2. Enhance Personal Collegiate And Professional Performance
3. Help Elevate And Grow Economic Development In Louisville
Who Is Involved?
- Business Partners
Where Will I See This?
Colleges and Workplaces
Academies of Louisville increases student performance and success, as well as builds a sustainable workforce for the future.
Valley students learn both in the classroom and around the city. This helps students build a sense of connection with the Louisville community and become responsible citizens.
Why You Can Believe Us
Here at valley, we are building on the framework developed by Ford NGL, which has been transforming education in communities across the United States for more than a decade.
When is this happening?
For valley's 2017-18 school year, the ninth-grade Freshman Academy will be implemented in our schools at Valley. The full wall-to-wall academy model, for every grade in the school, will begin during the 2018-19 school year.
Helping elevate and grow economic development in Louisville
- Improve outcomes for all students.
- Improve our school district.
- The state of Kentucky will have skilled and talented workers to fill available positions.
- Recruit new industries to Louisville through a talented workforce.
- Make Louisville a more attractive place for businesses.
- Improving our schools = improving lives, improving our workforce, and Improving our community.