Contact us to suggest or celebrate. Leadership Council, Brad Peel, can be reached at email@example.com
From Effectiveness to Greatness, and Inspiration!
"In today's challenging and complex world, being highly effective is the price of entry to the playing field. To thrive, innovate, excel, and lead in this new reality, we must reach beyond effectiveness toward fulfillment, contribution, and greatness. Research is showing, however, that the majority of people are not thriving. They are neither fulfilled nor excited. Tapping into the higher reaches of human motivation requires a new mindset, a new skill-set --a new habit."
This year, Stewardship Council will be conducted in three groups:
· Recycle Club, will meet EVERY Tuesday, 3:35-4:00, starting September 19th (weather/schedule permitting). Recycle Club will be responsible for moving recyclable materials from classrooms and offices to the recycle dumpster outside of the school. Participants need to be available, as there are assigned duties.
· Awareness Club will begin to meet GENERALLY every other Wednesday starting September 20th, 3:40-4:30. Awareness Club will be continuing last year’s work of bringing awareness to students about the benefits of recycling, reducing, and reusing, especially, plastic items.
· Garden Club will begin to meet GENERALLY every other Wednesday starting September 20th, 3:40-4:30. Gardening Club will be tending indoor and outdoor garden units and researching and designing future projects.
The schedules can be found on the Leadership Council webpage. In order to participate, you must complete tasks showing your ability to be a leader by Wednesday September 13th. You will be notified of your acceptance by Friday September 15th.
The information that you must turn in:
1. A short paragraph or essay telling about examples of how you have used one of your favorite habits in your own life. Explain how using your favorite habit has made you a better leader. Explain which other qualities you have that can inspire other leaders.
2. A recommendation letter from your parent, guardian, coach or other adult in your life (not your teacher) explaining how you use the leadership habits to your benefit, and why you would make a great leader of leaders.
3. Teacher Signature. Ask your teacher from LAST YEAR to sign below. By signing below, they are recommending you for your leadership qualities.
PARENTS ARE INVITED TO JOIN THE CLUBS. We will volunteers to help supervise and guide all of the clubs. Please fill out the information below if you are interested in participating as an adult member.
Club Participation of Interest______________________________