We are super readers!
How can we help our Super Reader at home? Remind them to activate their Super Powers!
- Pointer Power ~ Point to each word as you read.
- Picture Power ~ Let the pictures help you read!
- Sound Power ~ Sound out the word.
- Re-Read Power ~ Go back and re-read the sentence for practice & fluency.
- Trick Word Power ~ Words we know in a snap!
- Persistence Power ~ Use more than one power to solve a hard word ~ don't give up! How many Powers did you use?
- Pattern Power ~ Let the sentence pattern help you read, "I see a blue fish." "I see a red boat."
Check Your Super Powers!
- Does it look right?
- Does it sound right?
- Does it make sense?
Don't Forget the Re-Tell!
When you are done reading, DO SOMETHING!
- Who are the characters?
- Setting: When & Where does the story takes place?
- Tell about each part of the story: Beginning, Middle, End (use transitional words: first, next, finally)
Welcome to Kindergarten! Our team is passionate about shaping & enriching our youngest learners. We look forward to building a partnership with you here at Mitchell!
Full Day Daily Schedule
8:00-8:15 Soft Start
11:10-12 Lunch/ Recess
12:50-1:55 Specials/ Recess
1:55-2:05 Read Aloud/ Snack
2:05-2:50 Science/ Social Studies
1/2 Day Schedule
8-8:15 Soft Start
11:00 1/2 Day Dismissal