Incoming Freshmen Information
Welcome to RamNation!
JEFFCO RESTART: GMHS will be doing remote learning for the first 2 weeks of school (through September 8). There will be a A/B Hybrid Model available for students who choose in person learning.
Please note that we could move to full remote learning for all students at a moment's notice depending on orders from the state. Students and parents should make sure they are checking email as well as that they are signed up to get updates from the teachers in Google Classroom or Schoology.
Please make sure your contact information is up to date in Jeffco Connect as that is where we pull email addresses for parents and guardians for our Email Messages.
Interested in Shadowing at GMHS? Click here for more information.
2021 Showcase: TBD
2020 Freshmen Orientation Day : TBD - we are working on how to do this with the restart plan. We will get you info as soon as we have it.
9th Grade Family Transition Night (Chromebook distribution and training): TBD pending restart plan from Jeffco
- Learn about what you need to be successful in high school!
- Receive and learn about your new Chromebook
Back to School Night: TBD pending restart plan from Jeffco
- We will be doing Back to School Night virtually. More info to come.
Fall Future Day: TBD pending restart plan from Jeffco
- TBD pending restart plan from Jeffco
- There is no summer homework for Summer 2020 for any classes. Classes may offer optional student learning
School Supplies: Supplies vary from teacher to teacher, but here is a list of general supplies that are generally used in all classes.
- Chromebook (please visit the GMHS 1:1 Initiative Website for more information)
- Three ring binder (most classes want their own, 1 inch binder. Wait until the first day to find out for sure)
- Folders (one for homework, others can be for classes depending on the needs of the students)
- Pencils (mechanical or traditional wooden)
- Loose leaf notebook paper (Not all classes will use this, but some will)
- Colored Pencils
Who are my support people?
- Your Teachers
- Principal: Mrs. Owens
- Assistant Principals
- Mr. Craig, 9th/10th Grade AP/Testing
- Ms. Sereno, 11th Grade AP/Athletic Director
- Dr. Trujillo, 12th Grade AP/Scheduling
- Ms. Ketchum AP/Activities Director/Broadcasting Teacher/Social Media
- Counselor: Laura Oliver
- Campus Security: Ed, Jeremy and Cece
- School Resource Officer: Officer Goodrich
GMHS Film Students put together a video on how to survive freshmen year - check it out!