Incoming Freshmen Information
Welcome to RamNation!
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE SITUATION WITH COVID-19, WE ARE UNSURE WHAT THE FALL WILL LOOK LIKE. JEFFCO PUBLIC SCHOOLS WILL FINALIZE A RESTART PLAN IN JULY.
As soon as we have the finalized plan available, we will share it with students and families. We have to plan for 3 scenarios - back full time with precautions in place, a hybrid (50/50) model and a complete remote learning plan.
We will do our best to coordinate with the Green Mountain Area Schools.
Please make sure your contact information is up to date in Jeffco Connect as that is where we pull email addresses for parents and guardians for our Email Messages.
Interested in Shadowing at GMHS? Click here for more information.
2021 Showcase: TBD
2020 Freshmen Orientation Day : TBD pending restart plan from Jeffco
9th Grade Family Transition Night (Chromebook distribution and training): TBD pending restart plan from Jeffco
- Learn about what you need to be successful in high school!
- Receive and learn about your new Chromebook
Back to School Night: TBD pending restart plan from Jeffco
- PTA $5 Pizza Dinner Fundraiser from 5:00-6pm
- Back to School Night activities from 6pm-8pm
- Do your student's schedule, meet their teachers, check out the athletics, clubs and activities that are offered.
Fall Future Day: TBD pending restart plan from Jeffco
- TBD pending restart plan from Jeffco
- There is no summer homework for Summer 2020 for any classes. Classes may offer optional student learning
School Supplies: Supplies vary from teacher to teacher, but here is a list of general supplies that are generally used in all classes.
- Chromebook (please visit the GMHS 1:1 Initiative Website for more information)
- Three ring binder (most classes want their own, 1 inch binder. Wait until the first day to find out for sure)
- Folders (one for homework, others can be for classes depending on the needs of the students)
- Pencils (mechanical or traditional wooden)
- Loose leaf notebook paper (Not all classes will use this, but some will)
- Colored Pencils
Who are my support people?
- Your Teachers
- Principal: Mrs. Owens
- Assistant Principals
- Mr. Craig, 9th/10th Grade AP/Testing
- Ms. Sereno, 11th Grade AP/Athletic Director
- Dr. Trujillo, 12th Grade AP/Scheduling
- Ms. Ketchum AP/Activities Director/Broadcasting Teacher/Social Media
- Counselor: Laura Oliver
- Campus Security: Ed, Jeremy and Cece
- School Resource Officer: Officer Jones
GMHS Film Students put together a video on how to survive freshmen year - check it out!