Incoming Freshmen Information
Welcome to RamNation!
Interested in Shadowing at GMHS? Click here for more information.
2020 Student Shadow Dates: TBD, Usually in January
2020 Showcase: Thursday November 14, 2019 6-8pm
2019 Freshmen Orientation Day : Wednesday August 14, 2019 7:45am-3:00pm
9th Grade Family Transition Night (Chromebook distribution and training): Wednesday August 14, 2019 6-8pm
- Learn about what you need to be successful in high school!
- Receive and learn about your new Chromebook
- Buy back for Dunstan devices
Back to School Night: Thursday August 22, 2019
- PTA $5 Pizza Dinner Fundraiser from 5:00-6pm
- Back to School Night activities from 6pm-8pm
- Do your student's schedule, meet their teachers, check out the athletics, clubs and activities that are offered.
Fall Future Day:
- Some classes require summer homework (mostly honors or AP classes). Check out our Summer Homework Website to see if you have anything to work on this summer.
School Supplies: Supplies vary from teacher to teacher, but here is a list of general supplies that are easy in all classes.
- Chromebook (please visit the GMHS 1:1 Initiative Website for more information)
- Three ring binder (most classes want their own, 1 inch binder. Wait until the first day to find out for sure)
- Folders (one for homework, others can be for classes depending on the needs of the students)
- Pencils (mechanical or traditional wooden)
- Loose leaf notebook paper (Not all classes will use this, but some will)
- Colored Pencils
Who are my support people?
- Your Teachers
- Principal: Mrs. Owens
- Assistant Principals
- Dr. Trujillo, Scheduling
- Ms. Ketchum, Activities Director
- Ms. Sereno, Athletic Director
- Mr. Craig, Testing
- Counselor: Ms. Kuehn
- Campus Security: Ed, Bari and Jeremy
- School Resource Officer: Officer Jones
GMHS Film Students put together a video on how to survive freshmen year - check it out!