Graduation from high school is an important milestone in the lives of students and their families. The graduation ceremony is a dignified occasion. Courteous and considerate behavior will allow everyone in attendance to recognize the achievement of each graduate and ensure this is a ceremony that all will treasure as a memorable event.
Graduation for the class of 2022 will take place Friday, May 20, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. at the Marv Kay Stadium at the School of Mines. The ceremony will last approximately 1.5 hours.
First, let us say congratulations! It seems like forever ago that we stood in front of you to welcome you and tell you about the 1:1 Chromebook Initiative. What a whirlwind of unexpected highs and lows we have been through since those early days. This letter is to provide some clarification on your student’s Lenovo N23 chromebook and the future of the device.
Initially these devices were to be sent home upon graduation with a nominal charge of around $50 after families had paid the $60 yearly fee. The district changed this price structure and we collected only $50 as a tech usage fee, however we are still committed to the contract we made with you families. Any student who wants to buy out the chromebook, can do so. We know that many students' devices have not performed well, and some are not interested in taking them home after graduation and instead prefer to return the device.
We at GHS would support either option. If families want to pay the $50 fee to complete the payment plan and keep the device after graduation, we will have those fees added to the student account. Otherwise, we will expect that students will return the device to the school before graduation. We would ask you to have a conversation with your student and see what condition the device is in and if it would seem useful to your family. If you determine that your family wants to keep the device, you are agreeing to take over all responsibility for maintenance, repairs that would be needed, and appropriate electronic disposal at the end of the device’s lifetime. Please fill out the linked form below indicating your families preference.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Christy DeMeyer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need further clarification. We know these four years looked very different from anything we could have expected, but we are so thankful for your amazing kids and the resilience and grit they show every day.
Google Takeout exports your data from your Google account to a zip file to be downloaded to an external hard drive or USB Flash drive. You must do this by the the end of May. Your school google account will be deactivated in June and you will no longer be able to access your account or its' contents.
GradImages will have 3 photographers at the ceremony. We will have the photographers take pictures of the seniors: when they’re lined up and before they go up to the stage; a picture on stage with the teacher/staff that handed them their diploma cover; and when they’re off the stage with a flower given by Ms. Wyckoff, their counselor. GradImages will email proofs usually within a week of the ceremony. Golden is providing GradImages with parent/guardians’ emails that seniors provided to us when they signed the graduation contract. You may pre-register and receive 20% off your photos. Visit GradImages.com/Registration to pre-register and for details.
To Parents and Seniors. Graduation is a FORMAL ceremony for graduates, parents and staff. All seniors desiring to participate in the ceremony and receive a diploma will have satisfied the academic requirements of Jefferson County Schools and Golden High School and must have all credits completed to participate in the ceremony. Credit recovery courses must be completed by May 2. Credits from other institutions (BYU, RRCC, etc..) must be received by Golden High School by May 2.
1. MANDATORY GRADUATION PRACTICE. I will attend and participate in the mandatory graduation practice at Mines Stadium on May 19, from 1 - 3:00 p.m. Provided that you have completed the check out sheet, cap and gown will be distributed the morning of May 19.
2. FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS. I agree to pay all debts that I owe Golden Senior High School (for textbooks, library materials, equipment, course fees, parking fines, etc.), and to return all checked out materials before the graduation rehearsal.
3. CAP and GOWN. I will wear only the authorized cap, gown, and tassels and will not wear other accessories or decorations, such as sashes or flowers. I understand that I may wear school honor cords and medals and that I cannot wear non-school issued items. I may decorate my cap and have it approved. Caps that are deemed inappropriate will not be allowed to be worn at the ceremony. You will purchase a new cap on site.
4. SCHOOL RULES. I understand that a serious violation of school rules, failure to maintain satisfactory attendance and or failure to complete all discipline hours assigned during the school year will result in my exclusion from all senior activities, including Prom and/or the graduation ceremony.
5. CODE OF CONDUCT. I understand that I must adhere to the Code of Conduct up to and including the day day of graduation. I understand that inappropriate behavior at any school activity (i.e. Prom, athletic or co-curricular activities, or graduation practice) will jeopardize my participation in the graduation ceremony.
6. GRADUATION BEHAVIOR. I agree to be courteous during the entire ceremony and not call attention to myself nor commit any act that will disrupt the graduation ceremony or cause embarrassment to the graduating class or their guests.
7. CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE. I will abide by the Board of Education Policy regarding alcohol and narcotics before, during, and immediately following the ceremony. I agree not to possess or consume any controlled substance (i.e. alcohol, drugs, tobacco) prior to or during any school activity.
8. SENIOR PRANKS. GHS does not condone any type of senior pranks. I understand that students involved in any senior pranks will not be allowed to participate in any graduation event.
9. INCLEMENT WEATHER. I understand that the ceremony will be moved to the GHS gymnasium if the forecast is predicting inclement weather. This will limit the number of guests that can view the ceremony to two per graduate. This decision will be made by administration 1 to 2 days prior to the ceremony.
Calendar of Events - Click on down arrow to expand content
Parking and Entrances
Dress Code & Decorum
ALL graduates must wear the authorized graduation cap, gown, and tassel. Graduates may wear school issued honor cords and medals (if earned). Graduates should not add any other accessories, decorations, or carry any placards, posters or any other paraphernalia that might distract from the ceremony. Graduation caps may decorated or embellished. Dress attire under the gown should comply with all school dress code guidelines and should reflect the importance and dignity of the occasion (i.e. dress shirts and slacks with dress shoes or dresses/dress attire and dress shoes). Graduates must not engage in any acts of rowdiness, noisy behavior, or misconduct. Graduates must conduct themselves properly before, during, and immediately following the ceremony so the ceremony will be meaningful to everyone in attendance.
All fees and fines must be paid prior to receiving cap & gown.
To send you prom invitation, graduation pictures, etc, make sure to update yours and your parent contact information in Campus.
Check your emails for reminders and updates.
Signing graduation contract and attending graduation rehearsal are mandatory.