The Jefferson Winterguard is an indoor performing group that gives students a chance to learn a unique skill, enhance and develop their personality, meet new people, and gain performance experience.
- Attendance is key to participation, and all absences must be communicated well ahead of the scheduled rehearsals.
- *Missed rehearsals before performances may lead to limited involvement in that performance. *3 unexcused absences may also lead to limited involvement in the next performance depending on ability to catch up on missed hours/choreography/drill/information.
- Attached is a schedule for the entire season. All rehearsals are mandatory and any conflicts should be communicated at the beginning of the season.
- We will compete in SAPA contests at schools in the Atlanta area, as well as SAPA Championships in Chattanooga, TN on Saturday and Sunday April 7-8, 2018. *Please adjust Spring Break plans to accommodate this performance.
- Cost is determined by the number of students, our ability to gain sponsorship, show design, staff compensation, and registration in our competing circuit, SAPA.
- This year’s cost is $280.00 per student, and is expected in payment installations as follows:
December 6 - $80.00 (This deposit will reserve your spot in the group)
January 1 - $50.00
February 1 - $50.00
March 1 - $50.00
April 1 - $50.00
-Checks must be made out to “JCS Band Boosters” and clearly labeled with the student’s name and “Winterguard" in the memo line. All monies should be dropped in the safe outside of the director’s office in the Band room by the first of the month.
- As always, we will never turn a student away due to financial reasons, but we do require you to meet with the band director, Mr. Sneath, to set up an alternate payment plan. Continued communication is absolutely necessary to ensure the best possible experience for every member.
- Winterguard members are required to raise an additional $85 in fundraising. This year we will be saving our change in Money Jars, starting our swag fundraiser, planning car washes (weather permitting). And possible dinner nights at restaurants. We will send out information via email before the start of each fundraiser.
- Any money raised (between fundraisers and ad sales) OVER the required $85 will go towards that student’s personal dues.
- If you have any questions about schedule, costs, payment plans, or fundraisers please contact: