The Birth of LEAP Indiana: An Introduction to AAC&U's Faculty Collaboratives Project by Dr. Susan Albertine, Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Student Success (October 5, 2015)
An Introduction to AAC&U's Quality Collaboratives Initiative by Dr. Terrel Rhodes, Vice President for Quality, Curriculum and Assessment (January 22, 2015)
From a SUNY system Applied Learning Conference in November 2016, a set of video discussion prompts featuring several Faculty Collaboratives participants. The prompts were used to launch an ask-me-anything discussion of applied, experiential, and high-impact learning. The SUNY organizers invited us to share. Thanks to Elise Newkirk, of the SUNY System for organizing this session.
Delphi Project on The Changing Faculty and Student Success:
Transparent Assignment Design:
Recording of October 10, 2016 AAC&U/NILOA ZOOM Workshop on Transparent Assignment Design, Featuring Mary-Ann Wilkelmes:
Resources Related to October 4, 2016 - NILOA Online Workshop: Transparent Assignments Promote Equitable Opportunities for Student Success
- Transparency Project publications are posted with full-text links here on the Transparency in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education Project website.
- Winkelmes, Mary-Ann et al. “A Teaching Intervention that Increases Underserved College Students’ Success.” Peer Review 18, 1/2 (Winter/Spring 2016).
- Berrett, Dan.“The Unwritten Rules of College.” Chronicle of Higher Education, September 21, 2015.
- Winkelmes, Mary-Ann. “Equity of Access and Equity of Experience in Higher Education.” National Teaching and Learning Forum, 24, 2 (February 2015), 1-4
Additional TILT Resources shared by Dr. Mary-Ann Winkelmes in May, 2017:
Dear Faculty Development Friends,
Thank you very much for your helpful suggestions about sharing materials from the TILT Higher Ed project (Transparency in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education).
Over the past 18 months, we have been compiling examples, videos and other resources for you to use and share. These are now available here:
Please share these materials broadly with colleagues at your home institutions and beyond. And please send me your further feedback about how to make them more useful and accessible.
I appreciate your input.
Mary-Ann Winkelmes, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Other Helpful Links:
- AAC&U LEAP Networks Resources
- Delphi Project on the Changing Faculty and Student Success
- Indiana University's Faculty Academy on Excellence in Teaching (FACET)
- Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (JoSOTL)
- Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT)
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment
IU's Compendium of Teaching Resources: Teaching.IU.edu
Teaching.IU is an open resource that connects instructors to communities of educators across IU and beyond. The mission of the site is to gather and curate a wide array of teaching resources, available to all. This ongoing collaborative effort includes IU's Faculty Academy on Excellence in Teaching (FACET), University Information Technology Services (UITS), campus teaching centers, and hundreds of faculty. Its roots stem from a LEAP Fellow project completed by Ange Cooksey from IU East.