Student Leadership Summit 2018
ABOUT THE SUMMIT
WHO is this for?
The summit is organized by students, for students! We are expecting approximately 50 students and recent graduates to attend from various universities across the country.
WHAT is a student leadership summit?
Student Leadership Summits have been going on for the last number of years across the US and they originated in the Western ITE District. The summits have the goal of giving students interested in transportation engineering some valuable skills and resources to succeed in their future transportation careers!
WHERE is it happening?
Location: University of Alberta North Campus in Edmonton, AB
WHEN is it happening?
Date: Saturday June 2nd to Sunday June 3rd, immediately preceding the CITE Annual Conference in Edmonton.
WHY should I attend?
It will be fun! The summit gives you an opportunity to build and develop leadership and professional skills that will help you stand out in the workplace. There is also the added benefit of meeting other students and professionals within the transportation profession.
The cost to attend is $25
- This fee includes appetizers at the Saturday, June 2 event as well as breakfast, lunch, and snacks on Sunday June 3rd. The fee also includes transportation to the CITE Welcome Reception immediately following the summit.
Topics presented at the event will include
- Motivation and self discipline
- Networking and marketing yourself
- Managing your time and your energy
- Leadership from ITE International President, Michael Sanderson
- Networking opportunity with CITE Executives
- Workshop on teamwork and effective communication strategies.
- Please be aware that you are required to book your own accommodation for Saturday, June 2nd but rooms should be available at U of A Lister Centre dormitories. All instructions for booking can be found in the Student Information Package below.
- If you wish to stay at the U of A for the entirety of the CITE Conference, you can book these days at the same time as your SLS booking.
Learn more by downloading our Student Information Package (last update on May 9, 2018)
We would like to extend a special thank you to our generous sponsors who helped make this event possible! If you have any questions about sponsorship, please contact Auja at email@example.com.
A special thanks goes out to the University of Alberta for providing the event space!
To register, simply fill out this Google Form! Please keep in mind, to complete your registration application, we must receive your payment in the form of an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Accommodations for the event at the University of Alberta Lister Centre may be available.
Registration will close on May 30th at 12:00 p.m. MDT
Saturday, June 2 from 8:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Casual welcome reception at Room at the Top
Sunday, June 3 from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sessions at the Donadeo Innovation Centre for Engineering (8th Floor, 8 Mezzanine)