D&D and Disposal, Reuse and Recycling of Radioactive Material and NORM
I suggest the first place you look, besides here, is: the HPS Decommissioning Section Web Site
Also, try the
The primary objective of the International Society for Decontamination and Decommissioning Professionals is to foster communications between individuals interested in decontamination and decommissioning (D&D) activities.
The NRC's long awaited D&D software and supporting documentation is now available for downloading by going to
and clicking on the dose assessment button
NRC TECHNICAL CONFERENCE - Radiological Criteria for License Termination
Draft Regulatory Guide DG-4006 - Demonstrating Compliance with the Radiological Criteria for License Termination (wp doc)
Pu and Am Neutron sources:
Sherry Jones, LANL
Los Alamos National Laboratory
PO Box 1663
Los Alamos, New Mexico
(505) 665-8997 Fax
CRCPD Source Listing
Terry Devine, CRCPD
He can be contacted by telephone: (502)227-4543, by fax:(502)223-7026.
Terry Devine keeps a list of sources that are available through the CRCPD recycling program.
If you have any information regarding recycle or collection programs for these isotopes, please contact:
Roy F. Weston, Inc.
Los Alamos, NM
(505) 662-6445; (505) 662-6635 fax
Collaborative Genetics, Inc. source disposal - Email: email@example.com
Recycling Radioactive Metal
- New NAS report: Evaluation of guidelines for TENORM
- CRCPD Draft Regulation and Licensing of Technologically Enhanced Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (TENORM)
- Naturally occurring radioactive material (NORM I&S, Inc)
- Environmental Radioactivity from Natural, Industrial and Military Sources 4th Edition by Merril Eisenbud and Tom Gesell, Academic Press, Inc.
- Radioactivity in Nature
- Radioactivity from Coal (ORNL)
- Natural and Man Made Radiation Sources