Atomic Energy Merit - Nuclear Science Badge
The Boy Scouts of America have had for a number of years an Atomic Energy Merit Badge. The following are resources to help the scouts and scout masters with this merit badge.
Note: As of January 1, 2005, the Atomic Energy merit badge is superseded by new requirements the Nuclear Science merit badge. Although this page was designed for the old merit badge, it should still serve as a useful starting point for Scouts working on the Nuclear Science merit badge.
- Nuclear Science Merit Badge requirements
- Atomic Energy Merit Badge
- Nuclear Science Merit Badge Resources
- Atomic Energy Merit Badge Information
- History of Radiation and Radiation Protection
- Basics of Radiation and Radioactivity
- Terminology used in Radiation Protection
- The Radiation Warning Symbol: Trefoil
- Sample handout for tour of radioisotope laboratory (460 K Word Document)
- Sample handout for tour of a x-ray medical facility (460 K Word Document)
- Sample handout for tour of a nuclear reactor (460 K Word Document)
- Sample Seed Irradiation procedure (25K Word Document)