- License to operate the school was approved in 1996 by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to Effective Energy Sdn. Bhd. (EESB), a private company incorporated with the Registrar of Companies Malaysia.
- The International School of Kuantan opened on the ground floor of two units of shop lots at A33, Jalan Tanjung Api, Padang Lalang, Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia
- Initial student body of sixteen students in grades seven through twelve. Four teachers were hired with three being expatriates.
- The first graduating class in June 1999 included three graduates who have all continued their education at the International Islamic University in Malaysia.
- The school became a candidate for accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC)
- The school was granted accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC)
- The school recorded a 50% in enrollment and the school expanded to 50 students due to a 40% quota granted by the government to all international schools to allow enrollment of Malaysian students
- Land was acquired to build a new campus for the school in order to be able to accommodate the growing student body
- Effective 1st July 2012, the 40% quota for Malaysian students allowed to enroll into international schools was lifted by the Malaysian Government.
- Enrollment at ISK increased by 40% to a total of 79 students for school year 2012/2013
- Faculty was increased by 50% to accommodate the growing student body
- Completion of school design plan to begin construction of the new campus
- Construction of the new campus began
- In January, the school moved to a beautiful, new, purpose-built facility at Bandar Indera Mahkota, Kuantan, Pahang MALAYSIA