The Pine City High School Media Center is home to a collection of over 5,000 items. Students can enjoy newspapers, popular fiction titles, Graphic Novels, and a selection of non-fiction materials.
Philosophy: Pine City Public Schools’ Media mission is to encourage and support the quest for knowledge by providing the most relevant resources available and access to learning materials in both print and non-print formats. The media program will strive to support and enrich existing curriculum by providing guidance to both students and staff. The media center will be an inviting space, in both atmosphere and staff, thus fostering a positive connection with reading that will help shape life-long readers.
The goals of the Pine City Public Schools’ Media Program are:
- To assist the process of choosing appropriate resources for the project.
- To make reading pleasurable and build life-long readers
- To ensure that all readers needs are met with selections for every reading level.
- To facilitate appropriate and responsible use of technology.
- To facilitate the use of MLA citation formatting, starting with learning basic terminology at elementary to construction at high school.
- To reinforce copyright regulation through postings at printers and copiers.
- To continue support of curriculum, staff, and students.
- To develop a strong core collection, including classic and contemporary literature.