Lancer LEGO League
This site is not active after 2018-19 school year.
FIRST INSPIRES YOUNG PEOPLE TO REACH FOR THE STARS
One Sunday night in July 1969, one billion people huddled around their radios and TV screens in awe as we walked on the moon for the first time.
In that moment, the world was united in celebration of human ingenuity and inspired by the possibility that by working together, we can quite literally reach the stars.
Lancer LEGO league:
- For all students in grades 4-6. New in 2017, 7th and 8th will be FTC.
- Students register through La Crescent-Hokah community education.
- Gifted and Talented programming helps to support this academic sport.
- School fee is $85. These pay for materials and tournament registration.
- Families are responsible for taking child to a tournament in Rochester on a Saturday or Sunday in late December. It is currently scheduled for December 8 or 9. There is also a possibility of competing at the state tournament is generally January.
- In order to create small teams, we need 2 adult volunteers for each team of 5-8 students. Please consider all of the ways you can work with our children.
- Important dates
- Registration due August 19 - early deadline!
- Teams of 5-8 formed with 2 adult volunteer coaches Mid August based on registration information - We try to work around other schedules.
- Volunteer coaches sign up with FIRST TIMS. For safety of children FIRST requires 2 adults must have passed TIMS background check before a team can meet.
- Teams can start when 2 coaches are ready.
- Our local kickoff is Thursday, Sept 6 in middle school media center.
- Teams meet for about 2 hours one night each week. (Some Saturdays are open for independent programming and building.)
- Local Exhibition is in high school in early November.
- Regional Tournament in Rochester, MN scheduled for Dec 8 or 9
- Sectional Tournament in late January (If qualified)
- State Tournament in February (If qualified)