To understand the response of the Farmington Area Public School to the World's Best Workforce legislation, it is important to consider the mission and objectives set forth in the district's strategic plan. This is especially true as the guiding document sets the stage for defining student readiness and expands success to include a full range of skills associated with creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and communication.
The mission of Farmington Area Public Schools, the center of inspiration and the cultivation of ideas, is to ensure each student reaches his or her highest aspirations while embracing responsibility to community through a system distinguished by:
- Supporting individuality while understanding our interdependence
- Developing wisdom and integrity of each individual
- Nurturing the will to succeed in each student
- Personalized learning environments
- Deep community collaboration