The ISB Foundation
The International School of Brussels Foundation, Inc. (ISBF) was incorporated in 1964 with the mission to aid, assist, foster and promote the education of K-12 students predominantly in Belgium and to disburse or contribute its income to charitable or educational organizations in accordance with decisions made by the Board of Directors. Gifts made to the Foundation are tax deductible to the extent provided by the law. The Foundation is a charitable organization under the article 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
In support of this mission, the ISBF focuses its efforts in 3 key areas:
1. Enhancing Learning Experiences for Students: The Foundation supports programs that improve the quality of educational experiences in eligible organizations. Specifically, funds support the following:
- Enhancements in academic programs and resources, fine arts exhibits and performances, athletic programs, learning support, and service learning programs;
- College & careers counselling, career learning expositions and events which support college preparatory programs
- Internships and mentorship programs in Belgium but also abroad.
- Financial aid and/or scholarship endowments that provide greater access and are based on merit and/or financial need.
2. Ensuring Excellence in Teaching: The Foundation supports Professional Development that improves the quality and consistency of teaching and encourages teachers to continually develop their professional growth. Specifically, funds support the following:
- Scholarships for teachers to attend quality conferences, as a way of continuously improving their professional practice;
- Professional development endowments that support teacher training in research‐based best practices, especially those that align with 'future thinking' teaching and learning priorities;
- Ongoing opportunities to bring top educators and other experts to Brussels to participate in conferences and other professional development activities.
3. Developing 'Future Thinking' Learning Environments: The Foundation supports facility and campus projects that look to develop innovative learning environments to support 'future thinking' methodologies and practices at organizations in Belgium but also abroad. Specifically, funds support the following:
- Learning spaces renovation, campus expansion and beautification that aligns with current best practices in the field of education
- Health, safety and sustainability innovations around learning environments.