Waubonsie Valley Instructional Tech
Contact: Chris Skrzypchak (pronounced scrip shock)
The 2020-21 school year will be my fourth year at Waubonsie Valley High School and my sixteenth year in education. My previous experience includes:
- 2 years as a District-Level Teacher On Special Assignment for Instructional Technology (PreK-12)
- 1 year as a Technology Integration Specialist
- 9 years as a Teacher of Computer Literacy and Media Production
Prior to working in education, I spent 8 years working in Marketing and Sales for an educational technology company.
Roles and Responsibilities
I work to support students and staff who are learning to use technology as a means to amplify their teaching and learning. I seek solutions and opportunities for students to use technology for creation, collaboration, communication, and critical thinking.
I also serve as the communication liaison for the public Waubonsie Valley High School website and the internal staff website. I work with our student tech team who support both our students and staff and also serve as an advisor for our Business Professionals of America student organization.
In addition to serving as an Instructional Technology Coordinator this year I will also be teaching the Introduction to Cybersecurity and Note Taking/Study Skills courses.
- Google for Education Digital Citizenship and Safety
- Teacher Leader Endorsement (NIU-Cohort 1)