Fourth Grade Feature
On October 18th we have a visit from Mr. Mark Newman. This author from Michigan writes books for children about the environment and the Great Lakes. You can order books through a form that was sent home on 10/7
Important Change regarding Lost or Damaged Library Materials
Indian Prairie School District has updated the overdue/lost book procedures across all libraries in the district.
If your student’s item has been damaged or not returned to the LMC after 90 calendar days, a fine will be assessed. The fine will be applied to your PushCoin account for the replacement cost of the item. If you have any questions about your PushCoin account, contact email@example.com or 630.375.3021.
The Watts LMC will send overdue book notices home on Fridays via email; this is a reminder notice and does not mean your child is being charged a fine. Please contact Ms. Happy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe your child has received an overdue notice in error. We will investigate and correct if applicable before the 90 day charge is applied. If at any time you know your child has lost a book, please contact Ms. Happy.
10/5 Hero Run
10/14 No School-Columbus Day
10/16 Author Visit
10/18 End of Quarter 1
10/31 Halloween Parade and Classroom Party
- If your child will be absent from school or leaving early, please contact your child's teacher and the office.
- If, for any reason, there is a change in your child's dismissal procedure, please be sure that you send your child's teacher a written notice of the change. This will help us to be sure we follow the correct dismissal procedures.
This Month's Academics
- ELA: Students will finish reading "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane." by Kate DiCamillo. Then students will write a narrative through a seed in a watermelon writing technique. Fourth graders will also begin reading Love That Dog a free verse poetry book.
- Math: Students are using their Chromebooks to use the Zearn math program to complete Module 2 and Module 3. Module 2, which is very short, applies place value understanding to metric units of length, mass, and capacity. Students will move between larger and smaller units to solve problems. Module 3 covers division and multiplication.
- Accelerated Math: Students will be working on module 2 with multiplication.
- Word Study: We will continue learning about closed syllables and study a week of Greek and Latin Roots.
- Science: Students will begin learning about life science focusing on internal and external parts of a plant and an elephant. Students will dissect a flower to view the internal parts of a flower.
- Second Step: Second Step is the program May Watts has adopted to help teach Social Emotional Learning skills. This month we will focus on empathy. Each week a lesson will be taught and reinforced with activities. A Homelink will come home with your child for your family to work on together. The Homelinks are due on Friday.