Fourth Grade Feature
Willowbrook Field Trip
Willowbrook Wildlife Center is a native wildlife rehabilitation facility that provides care and medical treatment to injured and orphaned wild animals. It also serves as a resource to teach DuPage County's residents about living in harmony with local wildlife.
Fourth graders will attend the center on two separate days. Due to weather, our field trip has been rescheduled for Wednesday, May 8 for 4B and 4E and Friday, May 9 for 4C and 4G..
- Please remember that we are representing May Watts and students should be respectful, responsible and safe at all times during the trip.
- Students should pay close attention when an adult is talking. Questions are encouraged, but students should raise their hands to ask one.
- Our field trip will take place rain or shine and parts of the tour are outdoors, so please be sure your child is dressed for the weather. No umbrellas are allowed due to safety concerns.
- Also, because many of the animals at Willowbrook are being rehabilitated, the staff at the center has asked us to remind students to use Level 1 and 2 voices at all times, unless otherwise instructed. Also, students should not touch animals or any glass, plastic or cages unless a staff member says it is OK to. We don't want to end up scaring or frightening an animal and affecting its ability to recover!
- We will be eating lunch at the return of the trip in the classroom, but no hot lunch service is being offered, so please make sure your child has a lunch packed. No milk will be provided either so please supply a drink with your child's lunch. Students on the free lunch program will be provided with a bag lunch.
Please return your registration packets as soon as possible to the office. If you did not receive one, please contact the office.
- May 8: 4B and 4E Willowbrook Field Trip (Rescheduled)
- May 9: 4C and 4G Willowbrook Field Trip (Rescheduled)
- Please send your student to school with a water bottle and a healthy snack. Click here for details.
- If your child will be absent from school or leaving early, please contact the office directly.
- If, for any reason, there is a change in your child's dismissal procedure, please be sure that you send your child's teacher a written notice of the change. This will help us to be sure we follow the correct dismissal procedures.
This Month's Academics
- ELA: Students will continue reading "Gregor the Overlander" and exploring what portals are and how they are used in literature.
- Math: Students are using their Chromebooks to use the Zearn math program to work on Module 7.
- Accelerated Math: Students will continue the AM curriculum.
- Word Study: Students will continue IPSD Word Study program. You can download each week's word list on the word study page. Please practice these words at home as well as reviewing the weekly homophones and homographs.
- Social Studies: Later in the month, students will create State Floats with a parade.