Ms. Rockey's Art Room
National Art Standards for Visual Arts
- Anchor Standard #1- Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
- Anchor Standard #2- Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- Anchor Standard #3- Refine and complete artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #4- Analyze, interpret, and select artistic work for presentation.
- Anchor Standard #5- Develop and refine artistic work for presentation.
- Anchor Standard #6- Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #7- Perceive and analyze artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #8- Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #9- Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #10- Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- Anchor Standard #11- Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural, and historical context to deepen understanding.
Studio Habits of the Mind & Multiple Intelligences
- Express: Learning to create works that convey an idea, a feeling, or a meaning.
- Develop Craft: Learning to use tools & materials and the practices of an art form.
- Observe: Learning to look more closely and see things that may otherwise not be seen.
- Stretch and Explore: Learning to reach beyond my capacity and embrace the opportunity to learn from my mistakes.
- Engage and Persist: Learning to embrace problems of importance and develop focus within my work.
- Understand Art World: Learning about art history and learning to interact as an artist with other artists.
- Reflect: Learning to talk about and assess my artwork.
- Envision: Learning to mentally picture the next steps in my work.