As a class, we have spent the first few weeks working on two important themes, Choose Kind and Positive Growth Mindset. Choose Kind is our school theme and comes to us from the book, We're All Wonders, by R.J. Palacio. Students have been discussing and writing about what kindness looks like, feels like and sounds like. We've also been finding the wonders in ourselves and classmates.
GRIT is an acronym that was introduced as part of Positive Gowth Mindset. I want all students to see that they can succeed, even when failures occur.
- Give it your all
- Redo if necessary
- Ignore giving up
- Take time to do it right
- Me In A Bag due by Tuesday, 8/28
- Eureka Math homework sheets will be starting this week and are due the next day.
- Reading photo is due September 4th.
- -Daily reading minutes. Students should be reading 15-20 minutes each day.
- Upcoming Dates/Announcements:
- Friday, August 31st-No School (Institute Day)
- Monday, September 3rd-No School (Labor Day)
- Wednesday, September 12th-Curriculum Night (6:30 p.m.-7:55 p.m.)
2G Specials Schedule
Monday: Music 9:55--10:20
Tuesday: Music 9:30-9:55
Wednesday: Art 9:30-10:20 & P.E. 10:20-10:45
Thursday: P.E. 9:30-9:55
Friday: P.E. 9:30-9-55
Be In Touch:
- Phone: (630) 428-6941
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org