Comparing Tales from Around the World allows students to explore a variety of different cultures through stories from around the world. Recognizing that although cultures are different we can notice similarities and use those as a lens to deepen our understanding and appreciation of texts, people, and cultures.
Students will be sharing their own fairy tales and performing reader's theater for various fairy tales.
We are now reviewing time and money for the final few weeks of the school year. Any practice at home with these concepts would be beneficial.
The Second Grade Store was a huge success! We are now working on learning more about dinasours.
Second Grade Store
- -Eureka Math Homework Sheets should be returned the next day.
- -Practice subtraction/multiplication facts for weekly Otter Creek timings. The goal is for students to move a level each week. Students have an account with xtramath.org and reflex math to help them practice.
- -Daily reading minutes. Students should be reading 15-20 minutes each day.
- Upcoming Dates/Announcements:
- 5/28-Memorial Day (No School)
- 6/1-Last Day for students
- 6/5-Report cards open online after 4:00 p.m.
Thea and her mom, as her guest reader.
Owen and his mom and dad, as his guest readers.
2G Specials Schedule
Monday: Music 9:55--10:20
Tuesday: Music 9:55-10:20
Wednesday: P.E. 9:30-9:55
Thursday: P.E. 9:30-9:55
Friday: Art 9:30-10:20/P.E. 10:20-10:45
Be In Touch:
- Phone: (630) 428-6941
- Email: email@example.com