- 2G continues to use our acronyms for Listening and Positive Mindset.
S it up G ive it your all
L isten R edo if necessary
A sk & answer questions I gnore giving up
N od your head T ake time to do it right
T rack the speaker
After reading The Mixed Up Chameleon and the non-fiction book, Chameleons, students are working on a reptile research project.
- Students have learned how to plan a research project by using the Super 3: plan, do, and review through collaboration with our LMC director.
- Final copy will be a poster including: what the reptile looks like, what it eats, and where it lives.
Our first unit, Looking Beyond Yourself challenges students to make thoughtful decisions when challenged with conflict, understanding that it is not always easy to know the right thing to do. Our anchor texts include:
- “Days with Frog and Toad,”
- Frog and Toad enjoy spending their days together. These short stories investigate friendship. Their adventures together show them despite their differences, they can be close friends.
Each Kindness by Jacqueline Woodson
- Chloe and her friends won't play with the new girl, Maya. Eventually, Maya stops coming to school. When Chloe's teacher gives a lesson about how even small acts of kindness can change the world, Chloe is stung by the lost opportunity for friendship, and thinks about how much better it could have been if she'd shown a little kindness toward Maya.
Students will be completing a story map that includes character, setting, problem, solution for each of our stories.
We have finished Unit 1 and assessments will be going home on Monday. Please review test results with your child.
We will be starting Unit 2-Addition & Subtraction within 20
In this module, students engage in activities designed to deepen their conceptual understanding of measurement and to relate addition and subtraction to length.
Students are currently learning about reading and making maps and globes. They will be making a map of their neighborhood to practice these skills. Providing students with access to maps and pointing out directions at home and in the car, will help to reinforce these skills.
-The September Word Study Packet is due Thursday, 9/28. Students should keep the packet and practice pages in their Home Folder and have at least 4 practice activities to turn in. The High Frequency Word Test will be on Thursday, 9/28.
-Eureka Math Homework Sheets should be returned the next day.
-Practice addition facts for weekly Otter Creek timings. Results from our recent one minute timing were sent home last week. The week of 9/25 students will take both a one and two minute timing. Please practice addition facts at home.
-Daily reading minutes. Students should be reading 15-20 minutes each day.
- Upcoming Dates/Announcements:
-9/27-PTA Restaurant Night at Oberweis (4-10)
Our Star Student, Imaan and her dad as guest reader.
Our Star Student, Alex and his mom as guest reader.
2G Specials Schedule
Monday: Music 9:55--10:20
Tuesday: Music 9:55-10:20
Wednesday: P.E. 9:30-9:55
Thursday: P.E. 9:30-9:55
Friday: Art 9:30-10:20/P.E. 10:20-10:45
Be In Touch:
- Phone: (630) 428-6941
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org